“Homemade Bratwurst”
Review of Hermann Wurst Haus

Hermann Wurst Haus
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: German
Description: Our deli/restaurant is open 7 days a week with indoor and outdoor seating. Our menu showcases award-winning bratwurst, hickory-smoked pulled pork, deli meat sandwiches, housemade side dishes and much more. The menu changes often to offer you the freshest items possible. Wurst Breakfast served only on weekends 8-11 am, March through December.
El Cerrito, California
“Homemade Bratwurst”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had the brisket (which was delicious), but also tasted the homemade brats and wanted to go back for more! Defintely worth a stop.

Columbia, Missouri
“Tips for a visit to Hermann Wurst Haus”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visited the Hermann Wurst Haus on a Saturday, May 18, which happened to be during Hermann's Maifest. It was a great time to visit because this cafeteria like spot allows you to take a break from the festival right in the middle of where it is taking place.
It's inexpensive, too, so that's nice.
Here are the tips:
Bring a sense of adventure. The wursts here aren't all simply "German," or spicy, sweet or hot. There are a multitude of different kinds of wursts and we were offered samples of five or six of them.
Try twice, buy once. I decided on a wurst made with cheese, but since I don't really like cheese, I was disappointed. Yes, I'd tried a bite of the wurst, but should have asked for another taste before I decided that was the wurst for me for lunch that day. Still, I'm glad I tried something new.
Bring an appetite. The portions are large, so keep this in mind if you plan on enjoying the other offerings of Hermann, namely Ricky's Chocolate Shop.
Bring a cooler. My main regret, if I can call it that, is that I did not bring a cooler. They offer all sorts of unusual and usual brats, but it was a warm day and I live more than an hour away, so I wish I would have brought a cooler home so I could have stocked up on the unique and unusual brats.
Good news, though, you can buy the goods online.

• Visited May 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Take Home”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We bought some brats to take home with us and enjoyed them the first night we were back. They were excellent. The staff helped us make a great choice.

Centralia, mo
“its ok”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Owner gave us a very rehearsed spill and had no time for any discussion of his product. Dinning was foam plates and self serve. Food was second to none and was the best I have ever had...I give it a ten on food and a 2 on atmosphere.

Woodstock, GA
“I like a place, where it's different from the rest of the world”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are on vacation, this is a change of pace. Trying a variety of wurst...which typically I do not enjoy. What fun, trying five varieties of flavors. We opted to purchase the special six packages. We enjoyed the pear and ruben flavors. We grilled them up at the Lake of the Ozarks at a family event, it was a fun conversation starter.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Hermann Wurst Haus? Share your experiences!