“You Could Do Wurst”
Review of Hermann Wurst Haus

Hermann Wurst Haus
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: German
Description: Our deli/restaurant is open 7 days a week with indoor and outdoor seating. Our menu showcases award-winning bratwurst, hickory-smoked pulled pork, deli meat sandwiches, housemade side dishes and much more. The menu changes often to offer you the freshest items possible. Wurst Breakfast served only on weekends 8-11 am, March through December.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great seasonal wursts of all kinds plus local micro brewed beer and local wine. Super store to buy all sorts of brats and other stuff. Get the German plate with two different brats, sauerkraut, German potato salad. Nice place for lunch.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stopped in for a light dinner -- had the German Plate which consisted of 2 Reuben. brats, German potato salad, and sauerkrat with a slice of marble rye. Scrumptious German food. Great way to start our stay in Hermann. Then we sampled some of the summer sausages for later. Very good! Bought some sausage and jalapeño muenster cheese for the next day's wine tasting trip -- would definitely recommend both. Friendly service.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Wurst Haus has excellent sausages, made in house by Mike Sloan. On our Friday afternoon visit we were greeted by his wife, Lynette, who invites you in like it's her house. Then the sampling begins! I'm sure I sampled 10+ cold or dried sausages, when Mike invited us to a table with 6-8 grilled, warm sausages to taste, where he personally described each wurst recipe, and origination. If you're into meats, you must stop here. And the food fun continues with a deli selection of made to order sandwiches ($4-6), and daily specials, draft beer and nice tables to eat at, inside and out. We had braunschweiger,mustard, and onion on marble rye sandwiches, German potato salad ( a local church lady recipe), homemade chips, and a dark German draft beer to drink. It was outstanding! Wursts were packaged "Buy 4 Get 1 Free", and I took home ten packages, plus some dried meats. This shop is nicely laid out, very neat,clean, with plenty of space to sample foods and sit down to enjoy lunch or dinner. Bonus...lovely restrooms, wifi, parking spaces out front, and a winery next door! My family was thrilled with their souvenir from our trip to Missouri, Wurst Haus wurst!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Waited quite a while at the order line only to be ignored by the two ladies working within feet of me. One of the ladies even answered a phone call while staring right at me then went back to doing whatever was more important. I don't mind waiting as I understand people get busy. However Acknowledgement of my presence would of gone a long way. We ended up leaving after it was obvious we were being ignored. My wife and I will not be back.

Date of visit was Feb 04 2012 between 1-3pm.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stopped in for lunch while passing through Hermann. Neat place. I had the Beer and Cheddar Brat with a bowl of seafood gumbo. Awesome. The staff were friendly and helpful and the restaurant was very clean. The bratwurst are made on site and delicious. I recommend if your in town you stop in for a bite.