“Great breakfast place!”
Review of Jillsie's - CLOSED

Jillsie's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We serve handmade, homemade, healthy food, coffees and coffee drinks of all kinds. Breakfast all day, pastries, pies, and homemade ice cream.
St. Louis, Missouri
“Great breakfast place!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Jillsie's is right around the corner from where we stay in Hermann, so we always stop in. Make sure to arrive early as it can get very busy. Cool little boutique is attached also!

• Visited July 2014

“B&B Trip”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at a b&b 2 nights where breakfast was lacking and not served until 9:30. So second morning had breakfast at Jillsies. Great friendly atmosphere and food was good.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Food was good, service a little clunky.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had breakfast here a couple of times on my recent visit to Hermann. I enjoyed the food, but even though they weren't busy on any of my visits the service was really amateur. As long as they aren't busy it's fine, but I'd avoid if there a lot of people there. Still, a good value and good meals.

Visited June 2014
Mapleton, Illinois
“Good food....service could be better”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had lunch there one day. The place was practically empty. A waitress appeared, took our orders, delivered food and drink and then never re-appeared. I was drinking coffee and had to flag down a guy (bus boy? waiter?) and ask if I could get a refill. Never got an itemized bill...had to walk up to the cash register to find someone to pay. I had the biscuits and sausage gravy, which was excellent. My wife had a Southwestern wrap....beware....it's HOT. Tried to return for dinner one night; they were closed....no hours were listed on the door; perhaps only open for breakfast and lunch?

• Visited June 2014
Murphysboro
“Nice place for breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Four of us were in Hermann for Memorial Day weekend. We were looking for an establishment to have breakfast on Memorial Day and Jillsie's was next door to the Hermann House Inn where we were staying. it was a find! Each of us had something different for breakfast. All of it was excellent. An item on the menu which appeared to be unique was "Kartoffelpuffer". Of course we had to try it and it was great! It was a potato pancake with lots of flavor.

I highly recommend Jillsie's when in Hermann.

• Visited May 2014