“Great local cafe”
Review of Jillsie's - CLOSED

Jillsie's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We serve handmade, homemade, healthy food, coffees and coffee drinks of all kinds. Breakfast all day, pastries, pies, and homemade ice cream.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had breakfast at Jillsie's. The service and food was excellent and Kaldi's Coffee was definitely a treat. Would also be a nice place to have a glass of wine in the evenings. Conveniently located in downtown Hermann.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our waiter was not friendly. He did everything we needed but he was unpleasant. However, the lady, possibly owner, was very nice when she had to help us. The food was good for breakfast.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I tried twice to get service at Jillsie's. Once to order a coffee to go where the hostess looked and me and then walked away w/o saying a word. The second time I went and asked if I could order breakfast to go and was told "Not on Sundays". When I asked if she could suggest another establishment where I could I got another "No." Basically, I felt they were overwhelmed and just wanted me to leave and essentially refused me service. I will go back to Hermann, but will NEVER step foot in Jillsie's.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at Jillsies. We had a variety of egg dishes which were well prepared and delicious. They also serve espresso and the lattes were really good.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast, and the place was busy. There was only one couple ahead of us, but we waited at least 20 mins for a table. Another 20 mins to order, and a half hour until we got our food. We waited so long, we saw two groups of strangers chat and take a table together, just to get seated already. The food was just basic breakfast food, pretty bland, and smaller portions. To be fair, there were only 2 waitstaff waiting on everyone, so they were very understaffed. The servers were friendly, and practically running to hurry, so we couldn't fault them. Decent place and prices, but all told we were there almost an hour and a half for diner food, so unless you have nowhere to be, try another spot for breakfast.