“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serenity Place Guest House & Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Serenity Place Guest House & Spa
Ranked #26 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
St. Louis
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Without hesitation I give this wonderful Guest House 5 STARS! As many other reviewers have commented; the moment you walk in you are greeted with a wonderful sense of relaxation. April and her staff are so amazing and caring. My mom and I took a little weekend trip to Hermann and the Serenity Place Guest House & Spa didn't disappoint. We had a fantastic weekend enjoying spa treatments, wine and a little R&R. Serenity Place provided fantastic, reasonably priced services and the best part was you didn't have to travel far to relax after your treatments. I honestly think I spent more time in the infrared sauna than I did in my own room. It is a quiet, quaint place to stay with two rooms and a beautiful, big, shared bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and April provides multiple amenities including movies, robes and slippers. We were given various options for breakfast which were both amazing. It is perfectly centrally located in Hermann and only a 5 minute drive to both Hermanhoff and Stone Hill. If you are looking to Hermann for a weekend trip I highly recommend Serenity Spa. Mom and I are reasy for our little trip in November!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MKnight0912

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
High Hill, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I give this place 5 stars. From the moment you walk in you feel warm, welcome and at peace. When you take your first step in the door all your senses come alive. you are hit with the wonderful smells, the colors of the rooms, the sounds of music. It feels like you have come home to a magical place. My daughter and I came here for relaxation and relax we did. April and Kendra were our hostess and they are truly wonderful people. Breakfast was included and for this we visited the Alpenhorn, it is seasonal, local and homemade.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms one room sleeps 3 and the other sleeps 4 and both are big, cozy and excelle...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JuanitaRidgway
Bridgman, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have spent time at SPGHS on two different occasions. Both were fantastic. Wonderful staff and terrific rooms. It made time away with my friend comfortable and relaxing. One time we took advantage of the massage available and was a wonderful experience. Look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jackiem2010
Hermann, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I love to stay at B & B's, and I have to say that Serenity Place Guest House is, by far, our favorite. The staff is always very pleasant and accomodating, the rooms are very clean and quiet, and atmosphere is very calm and relaxing. We have actually been guests at SPGH 4 times and each time has been awesome. Not only do we get a clean, comfy, room with our reservation, but we also get to have an infrared sauna sesson for no extra charge. We LOVE SPGH, and we know you will, too!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank RebeccaGaus
April G, Owner at Serenity Place Guest House & Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback... we certainly do aim to please!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love staying at b&b's and this one was extra special. With our two night stay we were given an hour long couples massage and sauna time!! All the innkeepers were awesome. I can't wait to go back for a girls weekend or another couples getaway. Such a good time!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Captainfrannie
I am happy that you were able to take advantage of the uniqueness of our Inn by relaxing in the sauna and enjoying a massage. I appreciate your comments.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I made arrangements at Serenity Place because I thought it would be the perfect place for bachelorette haven. My girlfriend was getting married on Saturday and the brides maids were looking for a midweek retreat to recover from the hectic season of planning and preparing, Included in our party were two maids who traveled all the way from Europe for the wedding and were more than impressed with the quaint and yet luxurious guest house and spa. April, was very friendly and her gentle spirit radiated throughout the spa and added to the peacefulness in which we were seeking-and absolutely found. The rooms were perfectly clean, decorated elegantly and smelled relaxing in nature of the spa atmosphere. The bride felt rejuvenated from our stay and very pampered. After this experience I have returned to the spa for the massage services and have been very pleased. Over all, the calm that one gets from staying in a guesthouse that is coupled with the spa is beyond that offered in other B&B's in the city. I HAVE suggested many of my friends to stay Serenity Place while visiting Hermann.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank megEvans
Thanks very much for taking time to send us your feedback! We at Serenity Place and Massage for your Health are happy to accommodate small groups like yours by helping to make your celebration memorable. It was a treat for us to be a part of the pre-wedding excitement.
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My three girlfriends and I stayed at Serenity Place Guest House and Spa while on a girl’s weekend in April, 2012. My experience with SPGHS was overall positive and I would recommend this guest house for anyone looking for an inexpensive girl’s weekend away.
We arrived at the house late Friday evening and picked up the key in a prearranged location for letting ourselves into the house. The owner/employees are not there in the evening, so you have the run of the place (nice for a bunch of cackling old hens like ourselves).
Having done no research on where we would be staying myself (my friends had already settled on a location when I signed on for the trip) I had no preconceived notions as to where we would be staying. I was SO pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of the Guest House.
I’m guessing that the house was built sometime in the 1920s or 1930s, the owner and her family have remodeled it to be a quaint little cottage. The first floor doubles as the spa, the bedrooms are upstairs. There are two large sleeping quarters, each with a queen bed and one with a futon, the other with a daybed and trundle. The beds were quite comfortable, the futon is, well, a futon.
Each bedroom is large enough to hang out in, but there really isn’t another “living” area to lounge around. They both have a television and dvd/vcr and the house has it’s own library of girly dvds and videos. There were also games and we indulged in our love of Mexican Train dominoes.
The bathroom is Spic and Span clean. It has a shower and toilet and the four of us had no problem using it to get ourselves ready in the morning. I wonder how a larger group would do?
As part of our package, breakfast was provided. Each morning of our stay we ate breakfast at “Kate’s Place” which is really the Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast. April, the owner of SPGHS made the arrangements. Funny story, in the morning when we were headed to breakfast we kept trying to find Kate’s Place on our GPS or our iPhones and only when we texted April did we find out that Kate’s is actually named the Alpenhorn. Later in the day, the local shopkeepers or service providers in town, while making conversation, asked us where we ate breakfast. Each time we responded that we ate at the Alpenhorn. Each time they would give us a puzzled look until they figured out that we were actually referring to Kate’s.

The spa portion of our stay was not exactly what I expected and, knowing what I know now, I probably would only book a massage with Fran. The ultimate hand package and ultimate foot package were not manicures/pedicures; instead they were a hand massage and a paraffin wax treatment and a foot massage with a moisturizing mask. Ehhhh. The massages were nice, but apparently they are not licensed to use tools to give mani/pedis, so, just something to note.

One other spa item to note: Since most spa goers are from out of town and in Hermann to enjoy the wineries, I would suggest anyone booking spa appointments for Saturday book for first thing in the morning so that you can have the whole afternoon for touring and tasting. If possible I would recommend doing the spa on Friday afternoon or Sunday morning before you leave, that way Saturday is open for wine.

Lowlights of the trip: this is a small thing, but apparently making arrangements required numerous phone calls between the owner and my girlfriend who arranged the trip. I would suggest the owner/employees make a list of all the questions they need answered and send one email communication.

Highlights of trip: The employees/owners seem to be some of the nicest people we’ve encountered while traveling together. The house provided comfortable, clean accommodations. Run, don’t walk to Kate’s/Alpenhorn B&B for breakfast. Book Fran for the best massage of your life; that woman has a gift.

I would definitely stay at the SPGHS again for a girl’s weekend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mamie222
Thanks so much for taking time to post your feedback. We certainly do aim to please and will take into consideration your comments. Fran will be happy to hear your praise... she is a pro! I am so thrilled to have several massage therapists each gifted in different areas. Fran is especially good at deep tissue massage.
I laughed out loud when I read your story about "Kate's Place" (Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast). All I can say is Hermann certainly is "small town life" at its best. Kate is a master in the kitchen! I am delighted how many businesses in town can cooperatively mesh to give our visitors a very unique experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
6th Street Guest House & Suites
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#13 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Serenity Place Guest House & Spa? Share your experiences!