“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serenity Place Guest House & Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Serenity Place Guest House & Spa
Ranked #26 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Salem
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

The size of the place was disappointing. Didn't get the chocolates like ad indicated. Very pricey for what we received and the messages were adequate. The breakfast place was an experience in itself!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cath H
April G, Owner at Serenity Place Guest House & Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send you comments. I am so very sorry we missed the mark on the chocolates for you and that your experience wasn't what you had hoped for.
I do want to comment, however, for others who are reading this review that our Bed and Breakfast is by for one of the most reasonably priced in town. If you have any questions about the Inn check out our website and you can view the rooms, prices and other details.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I wanted to give Serenity Spa a great review. The truth is, I was disappointed in several aspects from the moment I stepped foot there. My check in time was at 3 p.m., and my bedroom was not ready until closer to 4:30. Luckily, I had a few things I could do in Hermann while I waited with my friend. Our treatments were scheduled on the phone months out in advance, and the treatments started a half-hour late. Also, unlike the advertisement, a full pedicure or manicure is not offered. The bathrooms are shared, and the guidelines for their usage are left up to the guests, which is not a good concept if several women are staying there! The hot water runs out quickly. Necessities in the bathrooms, such as toilet paper, must be taken care of by the guests themselves. The owner does not stay there at night. I think that is unwise for liability, if anything else. No food is served there, and the neighboring restaurant isn't very good. The owner has a business partnership with a B & B across town. Other than the massage from April (which was fantastic), that was the second best part of a mediocre stay. I will not be going back; neither will my friend. Oh, and forget about walking into downtown from there, as there is no sidewalk and a hilly road! The town of Hermann is very cute, though, so I look forward to finding some place else that will give me what I'm looking for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank BigWino
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The owner and her staff were helpful from the time I contacted her about setting up a bachelorette spa weekend. In the months leading up to the trip April (the owner) answered all of my questions (there were lots!) and worked up a mock spa schedule for all of our treatments. When we arrived April greeted us with a smile and snacks and we all fell in love with this place! We had a total of 6 ladies staying in two gorgeous and spacious rooms. We were pampered with massages and facials and treated to foot soaks and masks. There are only two rooms so it was perfect for us, as we had the entire place to ourselves. The spa area is on the main level and that was also just us for an entire morning. To top it, breakfast and lunch on the first day were provided by April and her staff and both were perfectly amazing! Then April (the owner) set us up with a 5 star breakfast at a colloborating b&b, the next day which was to die for! I cannot say enough positive things about this spa and b&b! I will definitely be going back again and again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank laurenyog
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed here the first weekend in November with 5 other ladies. We had such a great time, and really loved it here! April was so easy to work with during booking, and scheduling spa services. The Massage therapists (Bonnie and April) were both awesome too!

The place itself is beautiful. Very nicely redone, and super quaint! The only draw back was the location- just not downtown-- But that is okay, because the trolley will come get you! The girls weekend package was perfect, and everyone had a great time!

Planning to come back and visit Serenity Place SOON!! (hopefully in June!!)
Thanks April for being so helpful and accomodating to a big group of girls!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank G-n-L_2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
6th Street Guest House & Suites
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#14 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Serenity Place Guest House & Spa? Share your experiences!