“A Good Place for Rehearsal Dinner.”

Concert Hall and Barrel
Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: German, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Built in 1878, the Concert Hall and Barrel is the oldest continually operating tavern west of the Mississippi. Today we proudly continue a time-honored tradition of good food and good times in Hermann, Missouri. Wednesday through Sunday, we serve lunch and dinner, featuring German specialties year-round. Our menu includes a wide selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, steaks, pizzas and seafood. Our sports bar is a place where customers can eat, drink and socialize while watching the latest televised sports events on our numerous television screens. We have four big TV screens, and when the patio is open we add another! We serve a wide selection of local wines, craft beers, spirits and signature drinks. As in days of old, the spacious second-floor Concert Hall can accommodate a large group for rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, birthday parties, business meetings, and fundraisers. A private banquet room on the first floor may be reserved for smaller occasions. Located in historic downtown Hermann, Missouri, it's just a short walk from the Amtrak station, making it a great first or last stop in town.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Good Place for Rehearsal Dinner.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Since it was a rehearsal dinner, we had no choices. However, the food was very good and we enjoyed the restaurant a lot. We intend to go back the next time we visit Hermann.

Visited July 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“It was okay ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to stop here for lunch. It was a unique environment but the food was just okay. We had appetizers and they were fine, but we would have preferred going elsewhere. We did enjoy the selection of local beers and wines.

“German Burger”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our food, though the atmosphere is loud, that is to be expected considering it is a bar. The only down side for us was that the restaurant still allows smoking in dinning area. They do separate smoking from non-smoking. The waiting staff was friendly and quick.

Visited July 2014
Independence, Missouri
“No seasoning,Terrible food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We decided to eat here during our trip to Hermann on a Tuesday because it was one of two places open. The steak was dry with no seasoning and the philly sandwich was as well. My baked potatoe was served cold and the server did not come back to my table after she dropped it off to know. Do not waste your money here the food is terrible!!

• Visited July 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“I just had their pizza (twice)”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

While I can't attest to the rest of the menu, I can say their pizza was really good. I'm not a huge St. Louis pizza fan, the provel cheese hasn't won me over yet, I still liked their pizza very much . I had it once for lunch and once as a late night treat with my daughter. It can be very busy there, but their wait staff was very good.

Visited June 2014