“Average Bar”

Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Built in 1878, the Concert Hall and Barrel is the oldest continually operating tavern west of the Mississippi. Today we proudly continue a time-honored tradition of good food and good times in Hermann, Missouri. Wednesday through Sunday, we serve lunch and dinner, featuring German specialties year-round. Our menu includes a wide selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, steaks, pizzas and seafood. Our sports bar is a place where customers can eat, drink and socialize while watching the latest televised sports events on our numerous television screens. We have four big TV screens, and when the patio is open we add another! We serve a wide selection of local wines, craft beers, spirits and signature drinks. As in days of old, the spacious second-floor Concert Hall can accommodate a large group for rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, birthday parties, business meetings, and fundraisers. A private banquet room on the first floor may be reserved for smaller occasions. Located in historic downtown Hermann, Missouri, it's just a short walk from the Amtrak station, making it a great first or last stop in town.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We visited at about noon on a Saturday. The bar was not crowded and we were able to find a seat and watch teh MU football game. The service was soooo slow. We waited forever to get food and drinks. We had a friend join us later and the service was so slow she was not able to order anything before we left.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food is amazing! Pizza, burgers, salads anything you want they have it! Great atmosphere, but the manager seems kind of wierd. Im not sure if its still the same man but he seems immature? Im not sure if that is the right word, but overall great place.

1  Thank krkunz
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We arrived at the restaurant early. Got seated right away by the hostess. Our waitress didn't come for awhile. She arrived and took our drink order. She brought the wrong beer for my husband. I had order a frozen margarita. It was terrible. Took her a long time to take our order. We had some questions about the menu items and she didn't know the answers. I asked if I could just get a beer because I didn't like the drink. She brought the beer. The food was less then average. My husband ordered a german meal with kraut. He loves kraut but not theirs. I ordered a breaded tenderloin which was over cooked and was like a piece of cardboard. My onion rings were average. She didn't bring our bill. She never came and asked how the food was or if we needed another drink. It did get crowed but they had several waitress. We literally had to hunt her down to get our ticket. She did apologize for not bringing the ticket. We were only there for one day so this was our only meal in Herman. It is a nice town with several other restaurants.

1  Thank rondasue1
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I wish I owned the joint....I would hire more qualified servers, pay attention to the customer and make 100 more times the revenue than this worthless business. Management is horrible and doesn't exist. Good food, good drinks but the customer...me as one, sat for way too long to even get recognized.

Sit at the bar so at least you have the bartendar cornered. Otherwise you will sit at a table until your death to get waited on.

3  Thank STLCarib
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner at this restaurant and were a bit underwhelmed. The food was okay, and the service was very good and friendly. But the menu itself was pretty basic without many original twists. We sat on the bar side as the place was empty when we came in and we were told to sit where ever we liked. We didn't know there was a dining room side since you come into the bar and see all the tables there.

The restaurant is right in the middle of the strip along 1st street which is the main drag through town along the river. It is definitely a bar atmosphere on the bar side, along with a very loud jukebox and later some very "happy" customers who were also quite loud. That was more amusing than bothersome. The waitress was very friendly and the food came quickly. It was okay, nothing special and overall I'd say that we'd eat there again but it probably wouldn't be our first choice in restaurants in Hermann.

1  Thank StLTom

Been to Concert Hall and Barrel? Share your experiences!