“Where the locals eat”

Ranked #14 of 29 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Built in 1878, the Concert Hall and Barrel is the oldest continually operating tavern west of the Mississippi. Today we proudly continue a time-honored tradition of good food and good times in Hermann, Missouri. Wednesday through Sunday, we serve lunch and dinner, featuring German specialties year-round. Our menu includes a wide selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, steaks, pizzas and seafood. Our sports bar is a place where customers can eat, drink and socialize while watching the latest televised sports events on our numerous television screens. We have four big TV screens, and when the patio is open we add another! We serve a wide selection of local wines, craft beers, spirits and signature drinks. As in days of old, the spacious second-floor Concert Hall can accommodate a large group for rehearsal dinners, anniversary parties, birthday parties, business meetings, and fundraisers. A private banquet room on the first floor may be reserved for smaller occasions. Located in historic downtown Hermann, Missouri, it's just a short walk from the Amtrak station, making it a great first or last stop in town.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Where the locals eat”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I often ask where the locals eat and this is one of the answers I was given. It's nothing special (burgers, pizza, etc.) but service is prompt & friendly. The fried pickles are the best I've had north of the Mason Dixon

Visited September 2011
1 Thank michellet717

University City, Missouri
“Great bar food!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was not expecting to enjoy the food as much as I did, seeing as it's regular pub fare, but this stuff was good! Our waitress was very friendly and efficient, and the food was hot, fresh, and a great price. We had onion rings, which were freshly battered and served with a tangy chipotle sauce. I would recommend this to people after a long day of sipping wine!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sylvia M
Montgomery City, Missouri
“Average”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The chips were good, but the rest of the food was just decent. With the price, we would have expected a little more quality or quantity.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Molly P
Morton, Illinois
“Best Reuben Sandwich Ever!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is a unique old building that was fun to visit in addition to eat in. We had great service and the reuben sandwich was to die for! Definitely worth the visit.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank jnfrun98
“Worst Pizza I've Ever Eaten!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took one bite and then debated on whether we should leave and find somewhere else to eat dinner. I can not imagine the cheese possibly being real cheese! I'm certain it was some processed cheese food. Most disgusting pizza I have EVER had!!!

1 Thank Sydnea