“Very disappointed!”

The Cottage
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hello. We are a gorgeous 5 acre facility located just 1/2 mile outside the German wine community of Hermann, MO. We specialize in people, offering both an event venue for your celebration needs, and treehouses for your bed and breakfast lodging. We're a one of a kind experience that you just keep coming back to. Perfect for wedding rehearsal dinners, we offer a variety of food and prices for any budget. We're easy to work with and here to make sure that everything is perfect for your big day.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I visited the The Cottage during our stay at Hermann, Missouri on Saturday, September 7, 2013. This restaurant was recommended to us as a very good place to eat. So....when we arrived, we had great expectations. We were seated immediately even though we were about 30 minutes earlier than our reservation. Our waitress was very good. My husband ordered the fried chicken and I ordered the salmon. When it arrived, the fried chicken was soggy and was cold as was the mashed potatoes and green beans. My salmon seemed to be ok, however as I got closer to the thick part of the filet, I noticed it was RAW! I soon lost my appetite and told the waitress when she finally came to pick up our plates. The manager came by and said she was told that my salmon was not done enough for me....I doubt it would have been done enough for anybody. She didn't offer to make any compensation for our lousy food. Also, no one even offered us any dessert. Needless to say we were very disappointed and will never recommend this restaurant to anyone we meet who says they are going to Hermann. There are many other restaurants in town with better fare and also not so expensive. Please pick another restaurant.....

1  Thank Devra C

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Of our three dinners in Hermann, this was our favorite. Really enjoyed dinner outside on their patio. Good food.. Great salad and one of the best soups I have every had anywhere... When I come back to Herman, I will be back here

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The innkeeper where we stayed recommended The Cottage for dinner. We were very pleased and will likely return the next time we are in Hermann.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had our rehearsal dinner here. We rented the whole house after they closed on a Friday night. We easily fit 35 people inside the main room, and it didn't feel too crowded at all. Mary and her staff had the food ready on time and were wonderful hosts. Most of all, the food was amazing! Everything from the fried chicken to the bread pudding was top of the line. The drive up the hill isn't too far at all, so if you're in town, you need to go.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Service is good, but parking area and drive could use an upgrade. Fried chicken was good, but came out too quick to be made to order. Nice atmosphere and very clean.