“great Meal”

The Cottage
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hello. We are a gorgeous 5 acre facility located just 1/2 mile outside the German wine community of Hermann, MO. We specialize in people, offering both an event venue for your celebration needs, and treehouses for your bed and breakfast lodging. We're a one of a kind experience that you just keep coming back to. Perfect for wedding rehearsal dinners, we offer a variety of food and prices for any budget. We're easy to work with and here to make sure that everything is perfect for your big day.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a wonderful surprise we had for dinner on our first night in Hermann. the salmon was very tasty. the vegetable medley was a very tasty combination of fresh in season veggies. my other side was baked apples, awesome. unfortunately I was too full for dessert because they sounded awesome. Everyone working here was friendly and attentive. IWe would had gone back the next night but they are closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We decided to venture out of Hermann, MO on Saturday night and stumbled upon The Cottage, which was situated about 2-3 miles out. It looked like a converted residence, so it seemed interesting. We stopped for dinner and were seated immediately. The waitress was very cordial and within a few minutes the owner arrived at our table to answer any additional questions. I had the signature Hunter salad with slivered Granny Smith apples, walnuts and maple dressing with Butternut Squash Ravioli and my wife had the catch of the day and it was trout with a brown sugar, walnut layer on top of it. The experience was veru nice and I am sure any who decide to go here with NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

It's a little hard to find but the surroundings are beautiful. We had the signature fried chicken and Mahi Mahi dishes which were delicious. Being from Florida, I was wary of seafood in Missouri but very pleasantly surprised and the pan fried homestyle chicken was crisp and juicy with the perfect seasoning. The concierge at the Hermann Hill Vineyard and Inn recommended it and we very satisfied with the choice.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We dined at this restaurant last night, our first night in Hermann, and we could not have imagined a better experience. The service was fantastic - we were greeted immediately upon walking in the door, we were seated and served quickly, and everyone was cheerful, professional, and kind. The setting was very relaxing and I enjoyed admiring the local artwork they display. The food was delicious. The red pepper soup I ordered will definitely be on my list of "favorite dishes ever" that I remember for ages. My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our entrees, and then shared a scrumptious helping of the caramel bread pudding. We would be very happy to return to this restaurant if we visit Hermann again.

1  Thank Courtney007
Reviewed July 9, 2013

They do a family-style prresentation on Sunday afternoon, with fried chicken and another meat. They had German Pot Roast when we were there. German Pot Roast is an acquired taste, with strong nutmeg seasoning. I didn't acquire that taste while we were there, but the chicken and other sides were good.