“Great Bread Pudding!”

The Cottage
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hello. We are a gorgeous 5 acre facility located just 1/2 mile outside the German wine community of Hermann, MO. We specialize in people, offering both an event venue for your celebration needs, and treehouses for your bed and breakfast lodging. We're a one of a kind experience that you just keep coming back to. Perfect for wedding rehearsal dinners, we offer a variety of food and prices for any budget. We're easy to work with and here to make sure that everything is perfect for your big day.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Yes, this restaurant is off the beaten path, but the atmosphere was lovely and the menu had a nice variety.

Thoughts:
- it was a cool day and the fireplace was a nice touch, but the restaurant was uncomfortably cold
- service wasn't quick, but may be not expected with this type of restaurant
- the Caraway Soup was excellent!
- Fried apples as a side dish - would have expected that they would have been served hot
- the Tuna Melt wasn't served hot

But the tasty Bread Pudding made up for everything! Served warm (not hot, but warm).

Thank you!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The location is really neat-off the beaten path, set back in the woods. The waitress said the menu had just recently changed. My husband and I frequent many restaurants and we would have to rate the food as average. My stuffed chicken was pretty bland, the same with my Alfredo pasta. The service was excellent!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Cottage just reopened yesterday under new ownership. The new decor was beautiful, the service fantastic and lunch was wonderful. The menu offers good variety in an atmosphere that would make you think you are in a small French Bistro. We can't wait to go back...this is our new favorite place.

2  Thank Rdrinabr
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch at The Cottage while visiting Hermann for the Kristkindle Markt on December 8. It's a little way out of town, but the directions are good, and it's well worth the short drive. The chicken salad was very good, obviously homemade with big pieces of chicken combined wtih grapes, celery and pecans. My husband, a vegetarian, was concerned that there were no specifically "vegetarian" items offered, but the owner offered to make him a "grown up grilled cheese" which he said really hit the spot, especially when we both had the carrot-curry soup to warm us up. I had enough chicken salad to take home for another meal! We both tried the desserts - he had caramel pecan bread pudding and I tried the peanut butter chocolate pie. Both were excellent, but we enjoyed the bread puddiing so much we shared it and took the peanut butter chocolate pie home for a treat later that day. I will plan to return the next time I'm in Hermann.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very good food with substantial portions. Worth the brief drive out of town and off the beating path. Was nice to see the owner interacting with the guests and making recommendations relative to the menu and specials. Good service and value!