Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very nice place to relax with a beverage

We visited Hermann recently and found the Black Shire Distillery to be attractive and appealing... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jamesmueller56
Fenton, Missouri
via mobile
Cool gifts love the blackberry lemonade!

Kay was awesome! We stopped in for samples and she was so friendly and knowledgable. The black... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2020
mermaid272
Hermann, Missouri
via mobile

All reviews take home whiskey spirits lemonade kay blackberry bartender patio samples tasting
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019

What an adorable place to spend an hour or two. They distill their own spirits and I must say I sampled (and bought) what I believe to be the best vodka I've ever tasted. Kay, our hostess was fantastic. She was so customer-focused and sweet. We ended up having a great conversation about horses (she knows her stuff!). I told her that was the most relaxing couple of hours I'd had in years. Excellent!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We went there for a tasting and enjoyed the chance to try different spirits. The fact that you cannot -yet- buy any except onsite was inspiring to buy a couple of their unique BlackBerry whisky that will go great in lemonade. Yum!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank 22lynnel
Reviewed April 8, 2019

The spirits are a bit young and harsh, but the cocktails are excellent, the atmosphere is fantastic and the bartenders are a joy! Really enjoyed this visit.
Also, really love their charity. All the profit goes to maintenance of the declining breed of the black shire. Very cool.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Great spirits, neat place. Within walking distance of Hermannhof winery and Tin Mill Brewing Company...definitely check it out, the lady who served us our spirits tasting was knowledgeable, friendly, and fun. Go there.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed this place. Bartender was nice. Whiskey was average. I wished they would have shown the full process.

Date of experience: February 2019