TripAdvisor

Nice trip

Reviewed October 7, 2018
Dawn T
via mobile

All reviews tour guide was very knowledgeable great tour in town shire distillery restoring horses property information history fun
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2018

Very fun and informative trip. Worth going on! Shirley was an excellent tour guide with lots of history of the area and the farm.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We went on a friday in October. The best part was the buildings in the front before you even get on the guided part of the tour. Great history of the area. The farm was pretty. Still in a growth period. Transitioning I think. Very friendly staff. If you aren't able to be around farms, it's a great introduction. Nice to have some history of the area :)
Minor,but if the staff is dressing for historic value, it should be head to toe or don't bother.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Dawn T
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We saw the Civil War re--enactment, but if it wasn't for this it was very underwhelming. My husband enjoys history, but outside of the video, it was very lacking. Maybe a normal weekend would be better.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

My girlfriend has always wanted to see a Shire horse, so I brought her to Hermann Farm for a tour to surprise her on her birthday. I talked to the staff in advance to see if there was a chance we would be able to see them up close and pet them (I knew my girlfriend would love that), and they said that wasn't an option that weekend, but the horse trainer pulled some strings and made it so that we got to pet one during the tour! I'm very thankful to the staff at Hermann Farm for making her birthday so special.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

This was a very interesting tour. The historical buildings are in great condition. The tour guide was very knowledgeable