TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Worth the time!

Very historical place of interest. Highly recommend taking the tour. A bargin @ $18. Tour guide... read more

Reviewed August 29, 2019
BrillosQueen
Hermann Farm

Very fun and informative trip. Worth going on! Shirley was an excellent tour guide with lots of... read more

Reviewed October 18, 2018
borninkansas64
Kansas City, Missouri

All reviews tour guide was very knowledgeable great tour in town shire distillery restoring horses property information history fun
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2018

We saw the Civil War re--enactment, but if it wasn't for this it was very underwhelming. My husband enjoys history, but outside of the video, it was very lacking. Maybe a normal weekend would be better.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

My girlfriend has always wanted to see a Shire horse, so I brought her to Hermann Farm for a tour to surprise her on her birthday. I talked to the staff in advance to see if there was a chance we would be able to see them up close and pet them (I knew my girlfriend would love that), and they said that wasn't an option that weekend, but the horse trainer pulled some strings and made it so that we got to pet one during the tour! I'm very thankful to the staff at Hermann Farm for making her birthday so special.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

This was a very interesting tour. The historical buildings are in great condition. The tour guide was very knowledgeable

Reviewed September 4, 2018

While cycling the area we came across Hermann Farm and spent sometime in the visitor center and the accessible relics with out doing the tour. (The tours are at 1 pm and we arrived later) Very interesting place and we will plan a full visit the next time we are in this area

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We tried the new Black Horse (?) Distillery, owned by the Dierberg clan. Not a huge variety, but if ok, for being new and not very aged. Pricey for what it was, though.

Date of experience: August 2018