“Delicious”

Montague's BBQ
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have not ever had a meal I haven't enjoyed here. Great salads for warm weather days. Great smoked meats sandwiches and potato soup for cold weather but are also great on warm days too. A most while in town. Enjoy.....I know you will be back for more.

D.C.

Visited March 2012

“Average But Not Remarkable”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We dined on a Wednesday for lunch.Easy street parking.Nice,quaint little cafe type atmosphere.Service was excellent. We both had a pulled pork and a brisket sandwich with chips.Meat was good but not remarkable.Original BBQ Sauce had a nice flavor and bite to it. Serving size was average.No alcohol served.No big deal on that.Sandwich was served with a hand full of your basic,Ripple type chip;again nothing remarkable. Kick the sandwich and chips up a couple of notches. An average experience could be much better in my opinion.

1 Thank sbl21
Madison, WI
“Go for the brisket”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Tasty brisket, potato salad and lots of both in a historic Hermann setting. We knew alcohol was not available so called ahead and asked if we could BYOB. No problem we were told. We did BYOB. If you BYOB, leave a generous tip. Hint---buy beer at local Tin Mill Brewery to enjoy with the brisket.

Visited October 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
“Hits the spot!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The soups and sandwiches are great, especially beef BBQ. A legendary BBQ sauce awaits you--and on a budget! The owner will open his doors and serve you, even when the sign says "closed." Now, that's a business worthy of a cozy town like Hermann!

Visited November 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't Make Reservations to stay at Montague's B&B”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

"Terrible" is an accurate rating for me. My wife and I were going to go to Oktoberfest and made reservations online and she called and spoke to them to confirm a month in advance. We thought we had a room reserved from the phone call and the e-mail confirmation. I thought I would be celebrating my birthday in Hermann MO. My wife called earlier this week to triple confirm we had a room and could not reach them and did not receive a call back. She received and email at 3am this morning stating "I am so sorry but I was going over the reservation for this weekend and I made a mistake. I booked you when I did not have the room so I am going to have to cancel your reservation for this weekend. Once again I am so sorry." As a consumer if we made that mistake 2 days in advance and had to cancel we would be paying full price for the reservation. Do not make a reservation here and expect them to keep it. If they can't even manage reservations no telling what else they can't manage. I see this is not the first time that this has happened to someone at Montague. I am happy we did not take the train out there to discover we have no where to stay and where stuck in Hermann. So no trip to Hermann this weekend since everything is booked. Way to go Montagues!

Visited October 2011

Been to Montague's BBQ? Share your experiences!