“Weekend with sisters”

and 1 more site!
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed many times in Hermann, one of my favorite midwests spots for a relaxing weekend. My recent stay at Harbor Haus was a first and I'd certainly do it again. The lodgings are old, decorated with antiques. Location is perfect, right on the main street and within walking distance to winery, brewery, restaurants and shops. Breakfast is wonderful. The one drawback is there isn't a hairdryer furnished.

Room Tip: Book early! These rooms book up quickly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NVSusanonthego
thehagueMissouri, Front Office Manager at Harbor Haus Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Hello and thank you for your review!!! We are so happy that you ladies enjoyed your stay with us!!! Hopefully you can make it a yearly thing and come back and see us again!!!! Maybe you can have breakfast in the beaver room again!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was in the area on a business trip and stayed here. My room was very nice, very clean. I had a lot of privacy, something I don't always get at other B&Bs when I've been in the area. After all, it was a business trip, not a vacation unfortunately. I'm glad I tried it. The next time I'm in the area I'll be coming back here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ImAnOlderGentleman
thehagueMissouri, Front Office Manager at Harbor Haus Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so very much for your kind review. We are please that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I think 'Inn' describes it perfectly. It's not really a B&B or a hotel either, even though they do provide breakfast. In response to someone who said their refrigerator did not work, maybe it didn't, but in our room we thought the same thing, but then figured out that the owner keeps it unplugged when no one is in the room to conserve on energy, so we had to plug it in. Then unplugged it when we left. I thought our room was very clean. If there were any dirt, believe me my wife would have found it.... It's a little outdated, but that's okay. For the price I know I'm not going to get anything fancy. And that gives me more money to spend at the wineries. The owners were very approachable. Pretty certain we'll be back.

Room Tip: Go for it!
3  Thank TheTallGuy12

Thank you for your review and your kind words. Good to know we will be seeing you again!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect with such mixed reviews out here on the internet, but we were not the least bit disappointed and we can't wait to go back. We stayed in a king room on the 2nd floor. It was quite roomy even with a king bed, couch, 2 sitting chairs, large desk, TV, refrigerator, chest at the bottom of the bed, and a couple of night stands. There was a cute little wicker basket on one of the sitting chairs with fresh, colorful, folded towels in it. The bathroom, (toilet, sink, tub, floor, etc) was sparkling clean. The hosts were very kind, friendly, and helpful. We couldn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment on that. It wasn't a festival weekend so the city itself was not crowded throughout the day. However, the Harbor Haus Inn was quite full and it sounds like they have their regulars who continue to come back as I am sure we will. Sure, it's not fancy, the Ritz-Carlton, or Westin. We weren't looking for that and also were not looking to pay that kind of money. Yes, it is a little like walking into Grandma's house. The desk in our room looked just like the desk in the house I grew up in back in the 60s. Things were a little retro, but I like that. I like thinking about simpler times when I was just a kid. We like Frank too. Bottom line, where we were at, and what means most to me is cleanliness, and the bathroom sparkled, linens were clean and fresh, there were no crawly things, or funny smells. Cross my heart. Frank we will see you soon.

3  Thank BonnieHutton
thehagueMissouri, General Manager at Harbor Haus Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you here!!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were recommended this establishment by the Visitor Center.
It IS Pet Friendly.
It is an older establishment that is at the moment probably the best in town.

It need refurbishing, last year.

The refrigerator did not work and the water heater woke us at 6.00am when
people started to shower.
The beds needs to be renewed, and the overall feel is although it is advertised
as an Inn with Suites, they were hard to find.

The breakfast was a pleasure, and will be oft remembered.

Hermann is a small town that deserves a lot more respect than it is getting.
Our time frame did not allow us to stay longer, but we would suggest at least
three days to see everything that Hermann invites you to.

Room Tip: Try and find a Suite. We couldn't. Enjoy your Breakfast. We are sure that you will. Stay longe...
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Ok..1st off we did not stay here,but did a tour of some rooms to see if we would stay here.If this place was the only place available,i would still think twice about staying here.The musty smell of each room was more than we could handle.I honestly would not touch any of the furniture or bedding in this place
This could be a great,cute place if the owners would spend some money or just paint some rooms,get rid of the gross paneling and carpets.
The owners were very nice and willing to work out a lower price...no thanks,we moved on and found a different place.

2  Thank rather-be-camping911
thehagueMissouri, Front Office Manager at Harbor Haus Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our hotel building is 140 years old. We have buildings that range in age from 1840 to 1916. When we became a hotel in 1960, the best solid wood paneling was put into the rooms. We have preserved the paneling. Just because something is "old", doesnt make it "gross". We had all new carpeting put into the rooms in early 2012 and those carpets are shampooed on a regular basis. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and we get a lot of compliments on how clean we are. We notified the housekeeping staff and let them know about your experience, in case they may have missed something. We are happy that you found a place to stay in Hermann that suited your taste and needs. Hermann is a wonderful place to visit

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We usually stay here every year. This year we had a room on the second floor (king bed) instead he main floor (2 full beds) we usually book. The room was a nice sized room. The rooms include a fridge and the bathrooms are VERY clean. I really like the eggs they fix with the breakfast and the overall atmosphere of the harbor haus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lenajean

Thank you so much for your kind response. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the breakfast as well. The happiness of our guest in our main priority. We hope to see you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
#14 of 50 in Hermann
Herzog Mansion
Herzog Mansion
#44 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Harbor Haus Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!