“Option for a stopover”

Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
New Delhi
“Option for a stopover”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The best thing about the place is the proximity to the airport and the fact that it was rather close to my client location since I was there for business purposes. The staff was very courteous and rather helpful and friendly. They offer daily/weekly and monthly rates to suit all kinds of requirements.
The rooms are decently sized, beds are alright, kitchen section is good, bathrooms (on the ground floor) though regular have a problem and some places the carpet gives a dank smell.
One can make out that it's an old property. There's a mini gym and an open mini-swimming pool near the property but not maintained well. The place is in the midst of a residential area and hence the surroundings are rather peaceful and serene and hence is ideal for walks
There are some grocery shops, a liquor shop in the vicinity. For eating out joints as well as going to a nearby mall you'll need a car. Moving around would be a little difficult even if one is up for walking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, February 10, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The room wasn't terribly clean and the staff was rude and unfriendly. Nrighbors were loud and the desk clerk did nothing about it. The bed was comfy, but there were too many problems here. I'll stay somewhere else over this place any time and would even pay more money to not go back.

Room Tip: Any room not here will be better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Region39, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The aggravation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to ensure that all staff members understand it is our duty to provide excellent guest services. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at slo@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Hazelwood hotels

Clermont, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

One star rating--property needs to be updated, smelled of cigarette smoke even in our non-smoking room (the web listing lists it as a smoke-free facility), no breakfast, no hair dryers, beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SweetPea2bk
Region39, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your stay was less than desirable. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I wanted to let you know that the hotel recently replaced all of its mattresses and foundations with state of the art quality products in August of this year, I apologize they were not to your comfort level. Hair dryers although we do not place them in the guest rooms, are available at the front desk at any time. I will speak with my staff to make sure this is communicated in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at slo@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Coaldale, Colorado
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Certainly a plain, old, property. But the full kitchen saved me meal money on top of a REALLY inexpensive rate for four days really adds up. Service was great and very friendly. First room they gave me was NASTY & I thought I'd finally gotten what I deserved for really cheap rooms. But I objected, they gave me their "best" room & it was just fine. Great value. I don't think I'd recommend for single women & I can understand one reviewer saying it "doesn't feel safe"; but I had no problem, threat, etc. Wouldn't work for everyone; but was fine for me & a great value. Hallways/public areas sketchy; but room was PLENTY clean & just fine.

Room Tip: Top floor, center of building, just across from stairs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Mark- Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America St. Louis - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I do want to apologize that we did not get it right on the first try, and I have taken the necessary action to ensure that this does not happen again. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
St. Louis Missouri
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Staff at Extended stay are very courteous and pleasant attitudes. I really enjoyed my stay here. The manager Ms. Delicia Lacy will go out of way to make sure your stay is pleasant. I've been staying here for quite sometime and have never ran into any problems at all. The cost of rooms are very economical and I've even had my daughter stay for a weekend here because the cost was minimal. I would give her staff an excellent rating due to nice attitudes that is always displayed. I recommend that Delicia get a promotion to General Manager of all the hotels affliated with Extended Stay immediately.

Room Tip: The room is well suited for any one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Owner at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the hard work and efforts of Delicia. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to her; we think she is a wonderful Manager as well! As a whole, we strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I THOUGHT I got a good deal on Priceline, but I found out that sometimes you really do get what you pay for. We were placed in a smoking room that positively REEKED and drove my allergies crazy. The desk clerk did not even ask about smoking preference when we checked in and I didn't think to request non-smoking because my preferences are on file with Priceline and I just figured they'd honor them. We only stopped at the room briefly before heading out to dinner. By the time we got back and I realized just how bad it was, they'd already closed the office so I couldn't even demand that they give us a different room. In addition to the horrible smell in the room, there were cigarette burns EVERYWHERE: carpet, bedspread, table... even the PHONE and toilet seat.

The microwave had a mismatched turntable plate (so it didn't work correctly) and the coffee pot warmer plate was rusted out. Truth be told, all the appliances in the room REALLY need to be replaced.

Additionally, the area felt very unsafe. I was quite reluctant to leave even just bags of clothes in the car, but since we were travelling on early the next morning, I didn't want to unload everything. So we parked the car in as visible a spot as possible and hoped for the best. Fortunately, it was not broken into, but I definitely felt nervous about leaving it.

I've stayed at other Extended Stay hotels on several occasions and always found them to be clean and pleasant. This place is a blight on the brand name and the Extended Stay corporation should strip their banner before it does more damage to their good name.

Room Tip: My tip for choosing a room is to choose one at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Brig13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. As well, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in and a guest who requests a non-smoking room should receive one. That having been said, I recognize the issues you have brought to my attention and discussed it with my hotel staff and upper management.

University City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2012

First, the manager Delicia is a jewel to this hotel because she will go out of her way to make your stay as well as can be. The hotel is very clean and quiet with excellent security. I am a monthly resident and we will be receiving new mattresses in a few days. The laundry facilities is very good but a little expensive for me and it is keep very clean. I leave everyday to go to work and leave my $700 laptop on my desk. I trust the staff and housekeeping is very friendly. The prices are reasonable and you will get what you pay for. They also have special rooms for disabled customers but they don't have a shuttle bus to the airport. I have visited many extended stay hotels in St Louis, also working at the Marriott Hotel gives me a good radar for good hotels. THIS HOTEL PASSES THE TEST!

Room Tip: There is not a swimming pool and the bottom floor is always the best option for me. Ask for Delicia...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John H
, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America St. Louis - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
#8 of 12 in Berkeley

Been to Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.

Property: Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.
Address: 6065 N Lindbergh Blvd, Hazelwood, MO 63042-2828 (Formerly Extended Stay America)
Location: United States > Missouri > Hazelwood
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - St. Louis Airport - N. Lindberg Blvd. We are located just outside of the entrance to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport and down the road from Interstate 270. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Hazelwood