“Stay almost anywhere else!”

Days Inn St. Louis North
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Springfield, MO
“Stay almost anywhere else!”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed here for the price and location. It was right where we needed to be and the room rate was reasonable. BAD IDEA. The neighborhood is questionable, and this hotel is party central for the area kids. They chip in and book a room to party in. Beer bottles littered the sidewalks and parking lot. The room was dirty and old-looking. I cleaned the tub, bathroom floor, bathroom counter and night tables with towels before using them. The next morning I presented the dirty towels to the desk clerk, who gave us a 50% credit on our bill. We wouldn't have stayed at all except that it was late when we arrived and we didn't know where else to go on a Friday night. We didn't use the pool or eat the breakfast. <shudder> I recommend you stay almost anywhere else!

• Liked — Nothing, really, though the rate was acceptable
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
myrtle beach
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Stayed there first night in town to save money. Needed to be downtown rest of stay. Three story Motel and I do not recall that they had elevators. Just iron stairs with BIG steps (height-wise). They only had day old doughnuts and coffee for breakfast in the office..and THIS only until about 8 AM. The room was a bit shabby but clean at least when I stayed there. Avoid this place.

Stayed August 2004

Travelers are raving about these Hazelwood hotels

Condon, Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2007

The positives:
The room was clean, the air conditioning worked well, and the bed was satisfactory. The room was also quite large.

The negatives:
I felt like I was the victim of bait and switch. I need to work while on the road and need internet access. This hotel is advertised as having internet access, when we had a problem and reported it, we were told it has been a problem for a couple of weeks. Upon check out, I noticed a small sign taped to the counter apologizing for the internet problem. Given the wrinkled and faded status of the sign it is not believable that this is a short term problem. Even if the problem was only two-weeks old that seems a little long to me. Certainly, long enough to let customers know BEFORE arrival that this was a problem.

The room was dark--two lamps had light bulbs burned out. Virtually every outlet in the room was ungrounded two prongs. Electrical sockets were coming out of the walls, one of the dresser drawers would not open.

I have frequent reasons to be in St. Louis. I do not plan to ever stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — location was reasonably convenient
  • Disliked — maintenance was poor--physical plant and internet
  • Stayed August 2007
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We picked this hotel because we were really late planning our trip.
With our 4 kids it's hard to get a single room and we like to have adjacent rooms.
AAA got us this room but honestly it's our fault. We'd stayed in this hotel 10 years ago and it was fine. there was a nice restaurant next to the hotel and it was average for its type.
first the plusses:
The staff are great and helpful.
The pool was clean and maintained.
It was near where we wanted to be.

minuses:
My room had a water leak from the equipment room next to it. I should have been discovered by housekeeping, but maybe it was a new leak. Maintenance got right on it when i informed them though.
My wifes room though a non-smoking room had been smoked in. It smelled really bad.
The advertised Free wifi was for the lobby area only.
The restaurant that was next to the hotel has been turned into a church.
the beds were very uncomfortable.

we ended up cutting our trip a day short because of these issues.

• Liked — it was close to where we were going
  • Disliked — felt uncomfortable there.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Seattle
Reviewed April 17, 2006

This was probably the worst hotel I ever stayed in. The most I can say for it is that the desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room had a nonsmoking sign on the door, but reeked of cigarette smoke. Everything was shabby. The sheets were clean, but the blankets were not. The door did not seem very secure. The grounds were unkempt. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2005

I too, stayed at the Day's Inn--Hazelwood, because of the location and price. I was with a large group, and because the other hotels in the area were full (except for the higher priced hotels) we opted to stay here.

The first night we stayed, the room we were given had roaches, and peeling wallpaper. The bathroom was so dirty, that we went to the local Walmart and bought tub cleaner, just so we could shower. The next day, we were moved to a different room--one that had a refrigerator, since we were going to be staying a week. (if I would of had my choice, we would have left--but like I said, we were with a group). The second room was a little better---at least it didn't have the bugs (or at least I didn't see any) and the "musky" smell was gone. The bathrooms however, were still dirty, and every day we either had to ask for clean towels or go get them ourselves. We even had to request that our room be cleaned. (which we ended up vaccuuming ourselves...) The sliding glass door was broken--

I have stayed in Days Inn Hotels before, and they have always been nice. I am sorry to say that this on needs a lot of work and I won't be staying there again. If I ever head back to St. Louis--I will definately find another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arkansas
Reviewed July 19, 2005

We had a large group stay for a week at this hotel. Just a few of the problems we had were broken chairs and tables, broken doors and windows, mildew in ALL the bathrooms, uncleaned rooms and refrigerators, torn sheets, broken and unsafe electrical outlets, broken light fixtures, insects in some rooms (roaches, fleas, ants and spiders), the rooms were very seldom cleaned, almost never vacumed and we had to go to the desk for towels and toilet paper from the first day until we left. Most of the rooms smelled really bad. The only good thing I can think of was that the rooms were bigger than normal, with some of the rooms having a small kitchen area with an additional small sink and a microwave and small refrigerator. The major problems were just a lack of cleanliness and repair. If it hadn't been for the location to the event were were attending and trying to find the entire group accomodations elsewhere at a time when most of the local hotels were booked up we would have left. You can bet we will not be back.....EVER.

Stayed July 2005
2 Thank tyson4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport

Been to Days Inn St. Louis North? Share your experiences!