“Ridiculus Hotel”

Days Inn St. Louis North
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I booked 3 nights at this hotel, checked in very late and could not wait for the next morning to check out. I felt so unsafe with the environment. The couch was firtly cant even sit on it. the room was horrible, wall paper peeling off, the bathroom was so patched and rousty. This is the worst hotel that I have ever lodged at. Just a waste of money...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I should have known that something wasn't right when I walked into the lobby and saw how dirty it was. I wrote it off thinking they may have been doing some work or construction. The lady at the front desk was nice. That was the ONLY bright spot. The room was FILTHY! The bathroom was dirty and the carpets had what looked like food and other debris on it, There was some sticky substance on the TV. It was worst than a scene from Good Times! Every other hotel in the area was booked and I see why this one wasn't. The Days Inn should be ashamed to have their name on that building. I will never recommend that chain to anyone..

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Days Inn St. Louis North, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

While many of our rooms have already been updated, it is a slow process and we are working very hard to update all our rooms. I apologize to this guest that his room was not up to standards and would greatly appreciate it that he contact me directly so I can gather more information to reconcile the problems - both with maintenance and housekeeping.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

i stayed there for 2 nights, i dont want to go back to this place again because it is unsafe and rooms are not upto the standard of days inn, service is poor..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I've stayed at other Days Inn's before, and found them to be of good quality. So I thought we were getting a bargain with this one, since the room was under $50. However, once we arrived, we felt unsafe in the neighborhood. Also, there were white stains all over the carpet. We did not feel safe staying there, so we left.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was the worst hotel/motel i've ever stayed in. The carpet was filthy I refused to walk around unless I had my shoes, the room smelled of smoke when it was non-smoking, the towels smelled extremely smokey. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. I couldn't sleep because it was filthy and I couldn't wait to get out of there... I never want to think of this place again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Here are my overall impressions......Good: front desk lady (Wilma I think) was pretty nice, good price, big rooms, in general clean and smell free, extra soap and shampoo. Bad: outdated, maintenence had apparently just installed a towel rack and did some work in the shower and there were piles of drywall dust in the bathroom, not a great part of town (but that was my choice to stay there), shower sucked (old and it showed). If I had to stay in that part of town again I would consider staying here but only because it was cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. Definitely one of the worst Days Inns Ive stayed in but not a rat hole.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

hotel was run down, there were people living there lots of them! the beds were comfortable, staff was friendly. BUT i was visiting from michigan and knew nothing about the area, its not very nice, my car got broke in to, athough the police rode up on them while they were doing it so they didnt get any thing, i packed up and left!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood

Been to Days Inn St. Louis North? Share your experiences!