“Not a good place for the money...”

Days Inn St. Louis North
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights and were disappointed when we arrived. This location is VERY old and the format of the hotel shows it. There is no front desk access after 9p so plan ahead. It has the feel of a cheap motel. The rooms are less than desired and are decorated with mix-n-match furniture. The bed had cigarette stains as well. The pool closed hours earlier than advertised. There were no high chairs in the breakfast area. The place had a VERY unsafe feeling.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn St. Louis North

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was our worst motel/hotel experience EVER! We were all so tired that there was no strength left to lug all of our luggage back to the car and find another motel. You could smell the bathroom (go ahead, guess which scent) from the door! The only reason I took the room was because I had been told at check in that this room was a double King at a double, double bed price. I know that double Kings are rare but, what the heck. LIARS!! They saw me coming and took advantage. We could barely keep our eyes open. What we got was a double, double bed room. I called the front desk to inform them of their error and was told, "Sorry, I told you wrong. We only have double, double bed rooms. Would you like to change rooms?" "To what?" I asked. At this point, I see my granddaughter has fallen asleep on the floor! OMG!! One of us grabs the child while the rest of us rummage through our bags looking for Lysol! Lucky for us, the carwash kit I keep in my trunk has rubber gloves in it and various cleaners. I have never asked to see a room before I checked in. From here on out.....I will be inspecting all of my rooms!!

Room Tip: Inspect your room BEFORE checking in.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This place should not be allowed to be in business. After traveling nearly 4 hours to come to St. Louis for a little family getaway, we were exhausted. The lady at the front desk when I checked in was beyond rude and acted like I was being a hastle because I needed my room key. She was demanding of my information and when she couldn't get it right, she got pissy and threw the paper at me and had me finish filling it out. I bit my tongue, as I knew with this hotel being fairly cheap, she probably didn't get paid much. When we got to the room, I had planned to bathe my 3 children after a long day of travel. The bathroom had old band-aids on the floor, (opened) there was blood on the toilet, there was toilet paper and tampon wrappers on the floor along with live insects (roly poly's) there was stagnant standing water in the bathtub with mold all around. The paper towel rack was broken and hanging from the wall with exposed wires in which one of my small children could easily access. As we were packing up our things the next early morning, my 3 year old noticed a condom lying under the side of one of the beds. I did take a photo of this, as I will be sending it to the head office. When I stay at a cheap hotel, I don't expect a 5 star breakfast, nor a big room. I don't count on the beds being that great, or the rooms to be soundproof. BUT, I do expect a clean bathroom and nice staff. I will never stay at another Days Inn. My advise is to spend $10-$20 more and get a nicer place to stay...you will be so happy you did!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We booked this hotel for the AWESOME price and the LOCATION, literally 5 minutes to the airport and super easy driving to get there. We were leary with the terrible reviews online, however pleased overall. This hotel is OLD and looks/smells it. However, we were able to check in an hour early, there was a cleaning crew out and about doing a good job. There were friendly hotel guests and our room was a little stinky but not dirty. I did note mold under the baseboards in the bathroom, however not bugs or critters as the other reviews note. Upon entering the parking lot there were some punks exchanging money through a hole in the fence on the interstate side, however nobody messed with us or our car and we would definitely stay there again if we come to STL to catch a flight. Also a short cab ride of $10 to a sweet pool bar nearby.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel is an OLD hotel that has been kept up pretty well.
Front desk clerk (night) was wonderful. (Wilma)
When I went to the office to check out (5:30am), the front lobby was locked.
I tapped on the window (night time access window), but no one ever answered.
I wanted to get my hotel receipt , but I had to catch my flight.
I read the reviews prior my stay and was a bit leery of the hotel, but my room,
I had no problems. The room was large, air conditioner was great, bed was OK.
Overall, the motel is old, but I would recommend this motel if you don’t want anything fancy. Close to restaurants, gas station and airport and downtown St Louis.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights during a holiday and it was less than $40 a night including all taxes and fees. The room was very LARGE and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the pool was okay. It's less than a 15 minute drive to downtown, the Arch, etc.. What do some of you want for nothing? The only thing bad is no refrigerator or microwave in the room. That would be a plus.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Days Inn rates their locations from one to five sunbursts, based on their quality. Not only would I not give this location a sunburst, I would rate it as two eclipses. The exterior was very shabby and I was quite cautious about climbing the stairs as they were extremely rusty and rickety. The room itself was rather large, but the chair I sat in by the table was ready to collapse if anyone over 130 pounds sat in it. The carpet was stained and the draperies and other furnishings were in dire need of refurbishment.

When I came back to my room for the second night (yep, I stayed for 2 nights because I couldn't find any place else in my price range), my room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to let them know, but was told that I had informed housekeeping that I diidn't want my room to be cleaned! She also told me that since housekeeping was gone for the day there was nothing she could do about it.

On the plus side, the selection of cable channels was excellent, the room was large, the water pressure in the shower was very good and the location is good if you need to be somewhat close to the airport and relatively close to the light rail.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#9 of 12 in Berkeley
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North

Been to Days Inn St. Louis North? Share your experiences!