“Handy Location and Very Friendly, but Room was Dirty” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road

Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Allowed me to check in early with no fee, lovely clean nice bedding, free quick snack breakfast, big fridge, nice tv and channels. Clean. The only thing I didn't like was that the smoking and non smoking rooms were on the same hall but on opposite ends so you can smell ciggs. The carpet in that hall is a little bit stained but it is what it is not really problem because in the room is nice. You don't really notice the dark stains from the smoke if you don't look for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Region39, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

if you are looking for a hotel were you are reservation does not match with what you reserved please stay here. Once the hotel staff gets off their cell phone, they might be able to help you. Since the screwed up my reservation, I was left with a semi remodeled room with no pillows yes I said not pillows. The room did smell like smoke even though it was a no smoking room.

The cleanliness: the sheets, kitchen ware and floors were dirty. The room had an old smell to it.

Value: if you need something quick and fast and do not want to get a good night sleep you will be fine.

Location was alright just right off the highway but before you got to the highway you went past all of the better hotels you should probably stay at.

Don't use the pool!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frank w
Region39, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked online for $ 39.99 for Friday night, but was denied the rate on arrival to non availability of room category. I was upgraded to higher category room and was charged a higher room rate on arrival!

Old place. No lifts. No printer facility to print anything! Dirty carpets. Doors knobs in the lobby don't work. Room smell/ stink inside. I would never go to this place again.

Room Tip: don't go here, unless you have to sleep on the road otherwise.
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Region39, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there was confusion on your room rate when you checked in. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am re training our front desk staff on how this issued should be handled so that it does not occur again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We will address the carpets and door issues that you spoke of. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sap@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boston, ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Location is in a sketcky industrial park behind the airport. Nothing to eat, shop nearby and frankly the neighbors did not look happy at the existing of this run down hotel in their hood.

The rooms smell very bad - the hotel obviously does not believe in maintenance. The hallways reaked as well so you really had to go outside to breath fresh air. Fortunately in the summertime you can open the windows for fresh air, it is probably rougher in the winter time.

The exercise room requirement doesn't actually work, although, they do officially have a room to house the broken equipment.

If you are sick of cleanliness, friendliness, convenience, and safety and are looking for a change, this place is hits the spot.

Room Tip: Bring lots of air freshener or something to knock you out cold so you don't remember the experie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JasonMckin
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Jason - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hotel staff was very accommodating and professional!!!! The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were spotless which is something rare with older hotels. Room temperature great. The reception of the free internet was excellent and very fast. They let me check in 2-3 hours early. Good security at the hotel. You will need to take a cab to airport or have a rental car. Pool area was clean and well maintained. They provide you with lots of quality towels and pillows as well as extra blankets. I didn't hear any noise from other rooms. I would stay here again. Can't really say anything bad about the place. You get your money's worth. Safe, clean, quiet and affordable hotel accommodations at a fraction of what other hotels in the area charge.

Room Tip: Book a rental car with hotel stay and you may get an unbelievably great rate like I did.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I kind of like it, the rooms are okay and staffs are welcoming. The only problem is their price varies in every now and then. Price is unreliable. You have to bargain a little to get the good price.

Room Tip: Bargain a little before getting the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bhaboghure_jhor
, Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus St. Louis - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Holiday Inn Express and Suites St. Louis NW-Hazelwood

Been to Crossland St. Louis - Airport - Chapel Ridge Road? Share your experiences!