“We won't go back!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
SW Missouri
“We won't go back!”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Hotel lobby does not appear clean; room felt dirty. We had a king suite, and layout of room was terrible. Had couch and desk behind a half wall where you could not see TV. Television could be viewed only by laying or sitting on the bed. The dead bolt to our room would not lock. Their internet service did not allow me to open and print attachments in correct format. I had to leave hotel at 9:00 at night and go to FedEx/Kinko's to pay for computer time to print some paperwork I needed. We had planned to stay two nights, but checked out after first night, and moved to LaQuinta next door. And our room was at basement level, so when we looked out window we could see the underside of a vehicle parked outside our window. Only hot food at breakfast was from the waffle maker. Room was about $85 and was not worth it at all. Hotel did not appear to be near full, and we were told there was no other room they could put us in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pobosslady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nashville
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel was pretty good for the price. We just stayed one night. The clerk was friendly and greeting us when we came in. Check in was great. Actually, we checked in early (1 p.m.) because our room was ready, which was a plus.

My kids love to swim so we took them swimming and of course, the pool was very cold. It took me at least 15-20 mins just to get in the water to get my body use to the cold. I'm use to hotels having an indoor "heated" pool. I guess next time when I make an hotel reservation I will make sure it is a "heated" pool. Oh, another thing about the pool area. Be VERY careful walking around the pool. It is VERY, VERY slippery. My kids slipped at least 4-5 times. I noticed other kids slipping as well. Thank God they did not fall. Very dangerous.

Rooms were ok. The furniture was old/outdated, pillows were soft, mattress was ok. Not too much to complain about. Wish it had a refrig and microwave. But when we needed to heat something up, we ran down to the lobby, since they had one. The only inconveniece in the room was that the tv/entertainment center was pushed all the way over to the left side, instead of the tv being centered, in the middle, between the two beds. Since I was the one who was in the bed the furthest away from the tv. If the tv had a swivel piece on the bottom where I could turn it, that would have been great. Like I said, it was an inconveniece, not a big deal.

Overall, it was a good stay. Nothing major to complain about, especially for the price. We may stay here again, but if I can find a hotel with an indoor "heated" pool, we would stay there!! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mbillings
Memphis,TN
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed for a w/end getaway with family, checkin/out was quick & easy,room was clean and serviced promptly,included breakfast was adequate for our needs and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool . It was obviously not a 4 star resort, but would have gotten a better rating from me but for one glaring flaw - The door to the guest rooms was broken and open 24/7, saw no security presence whatsoever in a not-great part of town, judging by the abandoned car dealership my room overlooked..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pae_cyberdude
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We usually stay at Comfort Inn hotels and I was a little disappointed in this location. It was run down (old furniture, several stains on the ceiling from water damage). We had no water pressure in the shower and the water in the sink trickled out (figured that would be something housekeeping would report when the room was cleaned before we arrived). The one thing we liked is the location of the hotel. I think if management did some updating it would be a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Very close to the highway, not far from the downtown at all. The hotel personnel were very helpful and the room itself was quite spacious and clean. This was actually my second time staying there because I was impressed by the worth of the value.

• Stayed June 2011
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2011

It was a little hard to find, but we expected that and gave ourselves enough time. The desk clerk when we signed in that evening was helpful and even looked up an address for us to find a place to eat. Rooms and bathrooms were fine. We had to leave about 4:00 AM, and there was one woman on duty who was taking care of the desk and lots of other things at the same time. Since the free breakfast was to start around 6:00 AM we expected to get something at the airport. However, this lady made coffee and got out pastries and all we could possible want for breakfast. I would definitelyl go back; in fact I am in just a month.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this particular Comfort Inn at least 18 times since becoming a member of The Choice Priveleges Rewards Program. It has always been very comfortable and pleasant stay. The breakfast is is always good.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express and Suites St. Louis NW-Hazelwood

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood? Share your experiences!