“Hotel has gotten better in the past year!”

La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel is near my family in St. Louis/Berkeley area. I stay here when I visit home. I was there last year for a 70th birthday and it was jacked up. I felt like I was staying at a place that might rent rooms by the hour if you get my meaning. Seedy people with their companions sitting in the car until they acquired the room with CASH... (wink, wink).... I was driving in from Houston (13 hours) and was so tired I called the 800 number to book. When I got close to called the hotel direct and told them to let me know if any rooms would be available early. I was told no problem. When I arrived..... The people at the front desk, looked and acted professional... The people staying at the hotel were families with children all ages, races...etc..... business people were there as well. I WAS SHOCKED!!! THIS HOTEL HAS MADE AN AWESOME turn around. There was a time when I could tell you all of the personal business of the house keeping group.... This visit they were professional and did their business with no loud complaints, etc. Congrats to the owner and manager you have done very well! Only one suggestion. You have improved breakfast, so you need to replace the fruit, cereal, bagels, and donuts much quicker because the large amount of guest had to wait to long for some items. OH... your doors to the rooms because of the thick carpet do not always close... MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR GUEST TO PULL THEIR DOORS AS THEY LEAVE THE ROOM....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank poet1man

Reviewed August 5, 2010

The first room we were assigned reeked of cigarette smoke, even though the room was labeled "non-smoking." That is not so unusual in hotels with both smoking and so-called non-smoking rooms. We were assigned a different room by the friendly desk clerk, and the second room was okay, no cigarette odor. However, the room was not clean as there were crumbs and a piece of bread on the floor near the headboard of one bed. Cleanliness is of upmost importance to me, so I would not stay here again. The breakfast left much to be desired with little fruit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank classicalann
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This hotel was nice but smelled like cigarette smoke. Other than that it was a great deal, the sheets were clean, and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexia P
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The hotel was better than expected for the price. It's in a good location, right off of 270 and Lindbergh. The area appeared safe and there was fast foods, Walgreens and grocery stores nearby. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The complimentary breakfast was average with a Belgian waffle maker, cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt and boiled eggs available. We liked having a coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board available in our room. The beds were firm and comfortable and the A/C worked well. The only negatives were that adequate hot water was not always available and people walking in the room above us disturbed our sleep somewhat. (The people in the room next door were laughing and talking loudly but we couldn't hear a peep through the wall.) We were pleased with our stay. It was a safe, comfortable room for our family.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2010

First off let me say that for $42 this hotel was not a horrible value. Then again you get what you pay for; so I can't complain too much. Key distinction that I've learned is that there is big difference between "LaQuinta Inn" vs. "LaQuinta Inn & Suites". The "Inn" hotels are generally of lower caliber just a notch up from a Motel6& that is reflected in the price. So it all depends on how much money you want to spend & what you want in return. To warn you about the unpleasant aspects of my stay here were my observations:

1) the clientele at this hotel is low class; so don't be surprised if you see people walking around with wife beaters and their belly hanging out

2) the hotel itself is quite old. It has not been recently remodeled. As a result, the rooms have a dingy feel to them. The chairs in my room had stains. It felt gross.

3) the surrounding neighborhood is working class/industrial & there isn't much scenery

Positive aspects of this hotel were the comfortable bed, complete breakfast and fast internet connection.

Again, you get what you pay for-- so no surprises here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank creator5
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We normally stay at La Quinta, we like the fact that they allow pets and that their beds are pretty comfortable.

This particular location is older and the furniture etc is dated - the room wasn't incredibly clean, found a few things under a chair we moved - however overall it was.

The front desk person was friendly, it was quite a quiet area - there isn't much there - a somewhat empty strip mall across the street and a Jack in the Box next door.

We paid $62.10 plus tax for the night - for a total of $73.96.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trailmix1234
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Friendly staff and cleanliness overall and had a Denny's restaurant next door (open 24 hrs). Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ceci_at
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
3 mi away
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hazelwood Inn & Suites, BW Signature Collection
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center

Been to La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North? Share your experiences!