“No air conditioning!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hayti
Houston
“No air conditioning!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stopped here for the night on my way from Houston to Milwaukee. It was late and I was tired. When I got into the room, it was very hot so I turned the air down and climbed in bed. The air never did cool down. It must have been 85 degrees all night long (it was a low of 88 that night). I sweated and didn't sleep all night. In the mornibg, I took a shower and the tub had numerous black hairs in it. I checked out and told the manager about my lack of air conditioning and he was unmoved, wouldn't offer a discount and blamed me for not telling them. He even bordered on rude. Do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2011

In contrast with earlier reviews, I had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly, gave me a good rate and let me look at the room first. The room I had would rival any that the Comfort Inn would offer, but for $30 less than they were asking. I did notice a small stain on one of the chairs, but the room was otherwise very clean. The television had full cable and free high-speed wifi is available. A refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker were in the room. I'd definitely stay again, and since my travels bring me through here frequently, I'm sure I will.

My only complaint would be that the walls are a bit thin, so I could hear people's conversations outside. That's not really the hotel's fault, though...just the rude people walking by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DasPimp
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed August 10, 2010

First of all, bed bugs are still a problem at this hotel, I stayed two nights and have around 50 bug bites. The carpet wasn't vacuumed, there were stains in the shower and on the shower curtain, the towels were HORRIBLE (like using sand paper). Staff didn't warn us there was a water warning and it wasn't safe to drink the water, luckily we found out at a local restaurant before it was an issue, and we got sick. There were always running semi-trucks parked at the McDonald's next door. Free breakfast was alright (bagel, store bought donuts, cereal, waffle maker, juice) but overall not worth the 60 bucks a night paid.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ARose83
mstar1, Manager at Regency Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Bedbug Free hotel verified by Pemiscot County Health Department field Visit Conducted January & February 2011

Travelers are raving about these Hayti hotels

St. Louis
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We found the room clean and decent. The bathroom could use an update, but everything was clean. The breakfast was fine if you like a light breakfast of cereal, toast, juice, coffee. Would of enjoyed some fruit, but didn't starve. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again. Did not see any bugs in our room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
mstar1, Manager at Regency Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
we have added hot waffles to our breakfast
usa
Reviewed December 6, 2008

If you like bedbug, then this is the hotel for you. Don't think of getting your money back, because it won't happen.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — BEDBUGS
  • Stayed November 2008
mstar1, public relation manager at Regency Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
this guest was distrubing other guest and police were called by the other guests when the police removed them off the property they wanted to get the refund and the hotel did not issue the refund to him the bugs he was complaining about were not bed bugs they were tickes from the guests dog. we have called in the professional to check out the room and they did not find any bedbugs in that room or any other room
Foxworth, Mississippi
Reviewed September 2, 2008

The best part was the manager of the establishment. The room was filled with mosquitoes. The air conditioner didn't cool and there wasn't a remote control for the television. There is no fitness room. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayti
Drury Inn & Suites Hayti Caruthersville
#1 of 2 in Marston
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 11 in Blytheville

Been to Regency Travel Inn? Share your experiences!