“very comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hayti
Sainte Genevieve
“very comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

this was my first experience with a drury hotel and it was very pleasant. the staff was far superior to most employees i have encountered. every one was pleasant and eager to help in any way they could. this hotel serves a breakfast of eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, boxed donuts and hot waffles, as well as yogurt and juices. i found the breakfast to be modest in quality, but it was still convenient and welcome. the rooms were large, airy and very clean. the entire hotel sparkled from attentiveness to every detail. i recommend this hotel to all travelers who visit this area.

Room Tip: i had a larger, double queen bed room facing the road on the third floor. i was surprised at how qu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation. and was quoted a good price and booked the reservation when i got there they said my quote was wrong and that i had to pay double for the room. i stuck to my guns and finally was given the quoted price. so watch out for this trick. this is a nice motel why they want to ruin it by allowing pets is beyond me but the room smelled like dog. but it was clean and comfortable except for flat pillows or as i say smothering because you sink into them. anyway i cannot say how the meals were i missef both of them .

• Stayed October 2013
Afton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

For the money this is the place. The expanded breakfast bar that was attended to, ample eating area, friendly host. Quite sleeping area, easy access to the major highway. Check in was not by reservation, but it would not have made a difference, check in was quick and we were greeted as family. This will be added to one of our favorites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped there on our way to Memphis. Was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean, great customer service. They let us extend our checkout stay with no extra charge. I would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Kekebme
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Entered the lobby to the smell of fresh popped corn! You can't beat that! Especially when it's a freebie!

The desk clerk was very busy because an entire US Army group was checking in, but they were very efficient and the time went by quickly as we chatted with this polite group of young professionals who serve our country. So we didn't mind the wait.

We saw that we had just missed the evening hot meal that ended at 7 pm, because we got there too late. But the troops appeared to have enjoyed it as they were checking in.

Had just had a terrible experience at a Comfort Inn in LaGrange, KY, so I probably shocked the desk clerk and definitely embarrassed my husband by asking if I could SEE the actual room we would be occupying before paying for it. She didn't hesitate to allow me to do so. And I was overjoyed to find it exceeded my expectations. Such a total opposite experience from the Comfort Inn nightmare I got myself into by not checking first!

They have an indoor pool at this Drury Inn, but we did not avail ourselves of the pleasure because we had plans to go to the Casino 5 miles away. When the clerk found that out, she offered to shuttle us there and back. We chose to take our own car, but it was nice to know that this service is offered.

We also had a coupon from a Missouri hotel discount ad book. Although they were not able to honor that particular coupon price, they did give us a discount and we were pleased with the price, and the friendly receptionist's help in all matters at check in.

As we carried our bags in, we noticed a room with coin op washer and dryer, and although we opted to go to the casino instead of do laundry, it was great to know it was available on site.

The room was nicely appointed, clean, well arranged to maximize the usage of every square foot. The bedding, drapes and carpet were all clean and nice, as were the sparkling clean bathroom fixtures.

The toilet and shower/tub area have a door that can be closed off from the vanity sink dressing area, which is nice when sharing a room. Directly behind the vanity sink area is a closet with double folding doors that are all mirrored. Arrange these doors just right, and you get that mirrored back and side views that we ladies appreciate when doing our hair. Hair Dryer provided. And within the closet.....iron and ironing board if needed.

You won't find little bottles of shampoo, etc cluttering the counter space. Shampoo/Conditioner/Shower Gel are in large refillable dispensers on the shower tile wall. They do have fresh, wrapped bar soap available also.

Plenty of lighting in every nook and cranny where needed

We were glad to find a small fridge and microwave provided, as well as a desk and free wireless. The wireless got a little overloaded after we got back from the casino...and we could not get on that try, but we were ready for bed by then anyway.

COMFORTABLE beds and pillows....just the right amount of blanket and coverlet provided. We got our zzzz's here!

Although it is a window type unit for A/C, it is controlled by a wall thermostat. And we had that room chilling in the August heat in no time at all.

Made it to breakfast before the troops ate it all! LOL....nice hot breakfast of sausage, eggs, biscuits and peppered gravy, waffles, and the usual selection of fruit, cereals, bagels, muffins, juices, milk and coffee. All you need for a nice start to your day.

I had never stayed at a Drury Inn in the past. I can assure you that I will always check to see if one is available where we stop for the night in the future. Think they only have 110 hotels nationwide, but it will be first on my list if available. This one far exceeded our expectations at an economical rate. Very surprised that some are giving it only 3 stars.....it was definitely a 5 STAR for us. Thank you for a good nights sleep and pleasant experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie T
Burkburnett, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not the best of the Drury Inns I have stayed at. The building appears to have been added onto at various stages. A very odd layout and quite a bit of walking from the elevator to some of the rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I am not real sure about the mattresses, they were a bit too hard for my taste. Air conditioner worked good. TV had plenty of channels. We stayed here twice on a trip to Indiana. Coming and going. The first room was as described above. The second room was about the same except this one was a handicap room. I liked to never figure out the shower controls. Never saw anything like it in my life. The food was the usual fare. Not bad, not real great either. The halls and elevator areas could use a good vacuum, they were very dirty. The pool was ice cold and the spa didn't work. We just sat in a tub of hot water. The staff were friendly. We did mention the spa at check-in the second time and her reply was that it was about time for it to close so it didn't matter. However it DID matter the first time we stayed.

Room Tip: Third floor is smoking rooms. Our second room on second floor was non-smoking, but it smelled like a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was really the only option in this small town...just off of I55 between Memphis and St. Louis. I would say for overnight travelers along the I55 corridor - it is fine. the building must have been solid concrete. I had difficulty with cell phone reception and my computer too. Very nice when I called on the phone for reservations, the front desk folks were helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayti
Hampton Inn Blytheville
Travelodge Marston
Travelodge Marston
#1 of 2 in Marston
Sleep Inn & Suites Dyersburg

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Hayti Caruthersville? Share your experiences!