“Good bed - HORRID water, taste & smell!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Harrisonville
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The bed was very comfortable and overall the hotel was fine, HOWEVER, the water was discussing!!!!!
The water smelled AND tasted like green algae slough water - actually made you gag!
I did not report this (the water issue) to management as I assume this was not just our room and not just the night we stayed, but after reading other reviews wish I had said something to them - they have to know this - don't they?

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kara B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for completing our online survey. Your response is greatly appreciated. I am so sorry to hear about the water issue this is new to me. I thank you for bringing it to my attention so that we can fix it. We hope you stay with us again !

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This, of course, is not a destination resort, but if you need a place to stay on a road trip, it will do just fine. The hotel is a little worn and frayed, but there were no issues with cleanliness. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is OK; nothing special. Rooms are large with a sitting area, coffee pot and mini fridge. Bath is good, with excellent water pressure in the shower.
One funny incident: as I checked out, I handed the desk clerk the little paper envelope with my two card keys in it. He returned the card keys to a pile, then carefully erased my room number and set aside the envelope for another use. A penny saved!

Room Tip: Soundproofing is not very good; choose a room on the third floor so you won't hear the footsteps...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank saintlouisan
Reviewed November 2, 2013

More than perfect. Room was warm and welcoming. Staff was friendly. Peace and quiet and exactly what we needed. Check in was quick and easy. Internet signal was weak but the rest of the room made up for it. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here to attend the 2013 National James-Younger Gang Conference the last week in September. The place was great and located close to a lot of attractions. I did notice that the pool was closed while we were there, however I wouldn't have used it anyhow. Breakfast was excellent as usual for a Comfort Inn. I will for sure stay here again on out way to Fort Smith for the Conference next year!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed just for one night. The first room we were put in, the door wouldn't shut. I went to the front desk to request a new room. She did give us another but not before trying to convince me it would shut if you lifted up on the door. Not really what I wanted to have to worry about my kids staying with me. Upon returning to the original room to to get our stuff I learned she was correct however it took a lot more lifting than a kid was going to be able to do. Glad we were able to switch. The kids were shocked that the pool was actually warmer than the hot tub. It was very warm in the pool room which they didn't like however had I been swimming I would have liked it. The exercise room needed some attention. The machine was out of water. The remote was no where to be found but it was nice and cool. Our room key wouldn't work to Open the pool room or the exercise room so we were forced to wait on the busy front desk person to open them for us. She said it was very Picky and wouldn't take many key cards. The stairway carpets were very dirty with lots of visible debris on them. We were on the highway side of the hotel and the noise from that was noticeable. The rooms in general were very loud as we could hear everything being said by our neighbors. The door had 1/4 inch cracks in the top and bottom which allowed for a great deal of hallway noise to enter also. The beds were comfortable and the room appeared to be clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Right off of 71 south of KC this is a basic and modern, interior corridor affair with the personality of so many other modern chain motels. That said, the room and bath were just the right size, very clean and comfortable with zero noise from the surrounding rooms or outdoors. In room coffee and fridge are a convenient plus. Hot breakfast was "OK". David was entertaining us, getting it set up while we sat waiting for it since we got down there kind of early. The small, salt water pool wasn't really designed for "swimming" but, it and the area was clean and still great for a relaxing dip. The pool room was hot but, in fairness it was over 100° outside.
So, although this very neat and clean Quality Inn is of "bland" personality I give it a 4 for value. I think we paid around $75 where usually, a motel of this quality and service would charge closer to $100.

Room Tip: Since they're all indoors does it really make a difference?
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were on a road trip to Arkansas and wanted a halfway point for one night. We did not have a reservation, but there was a room available. It was a nice room, had a refrigerator, yay! The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. They had a very nice continental breakfast. Very economical price for a king room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bourkes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisonville
Slumber Inn of Harrisonville
#1 of 1 in Peculiar
Super 8 Lees Summit
Super 8 Lees Summit
#8 of 11 in Lee's Summit

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville? Share your experiences!