“Worth the price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We traveled at the last minute and were grateful to find something available. The hotel is easy to find, right on a main road and the prices were very reasonable. The staff was friendly and let us know that their parking area fills up in the evening, so we walked to restaurants nearby and did not lose our parking spot for overnight. Driving is best if you want to enter into the old parts of town and visit the Mark Twain sights. Too far of a walk. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked fine. The breakfast in the lobby was a bit skimpy, but still acceptable. We found it to be definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are more private.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

As other reviews have said, you can't judge a book by its cover. This hotel doesn't look like much but it is convenient to everything and was a very good deal on Priceline. The hotel is clean and easy to find. We arrived late on the first night and then visited Hannibal and Nauvoo on the following days, which were very convenient from where the hotel is located. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and the room was large with a large bathroom. On the negative, the parking lot is very small and cramped, but still was functional. We stayed three nights and would stay again next time we pass through Hannibal.

Room Tip: The double queen, non-smoking was a good deal and the room was clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If I hadn't reserved online, I wouldn't have bothered stopping. Anyway, upon arriving, I waited and waited for someone to check me in while some man (maintenance man maybe) tried to engage me in conversation. The woman finally came out and explained that she had to go to the bathroom. The room was ok, and clean but the parking area was very small and no handicap spaces that I noticed. It would have been ok for a $39 motel room, but $71 was quite pricy for a place like that. I received a request from Econo Lodge for a review by email and they didn't like my comments. I received a very nasty email from the manager concerning the review they asked for. I would sleep in a roadside ditch before I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Keep on driving. There are better places to stay in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mcc0471
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are nervous about identity theft then this is not the place to stay. Even with a confirmed reservation, approved credit card we were still required to have our driving license photocopied. When I refused I was told the police require it and if I cancelled I would be charged for the room as it was about 7PM. I got the photocopy back the next day, but by then identity theft damage could have been done. This is not right. Room was poor. Mattress was old, lumpy and uncomfortable. Shower was Ok, small bar soap and small single towel per person. Wouldn't stay here agin if it was free.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. Huge room, huge bathroom, clean, microwave, coffee pot, great breakfast. Breakfast consist of biscuits, sausage patties, sausage gravy, toast, mini banana nut muffins, three kinds of cereal, butter, jam, cinnamon rolls, regular and decaffeinated coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice, and cold water. Will be staying again on next trip to the Mark Twain caves.

Room Tip: We was in the back so we didn't have traffic noise, but hardly any traffic at night anyway.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I first of all would like to say that this was a good deal for the money. The rooms were large, and the bathrooms were much larger than average too...which was a plus. Noise was not a major issue during the night. Breakfast was also much better than expected, offering biscuits and gravy. Yum!

It's a good place to stay if you're going to quickly pop in for the night and then be on your way. However, don't count on spending quality time here. The hotel's exterior is not appealing at all, it's very small and cramped.

The main issue I had was one of the people from the hotel. A guy was sitting on a lawn chair drinking beer and letting his cat run around, all outside across from our room. I also have to reluctantly admit that I witnessed him put his hand down his pants. Yuck! I'm fairly certain he was someone from the hotel....that room of his looked permanent.

Overall, a decent stay despite the indecency of one of the hotel people.

Room Tip: A second story room would probably be a good idea.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel represents a good value, with or without AAA or other type of discount. I had AAA. The room was basic, but large, and had all the amenities I needed for a one-night stay. And it was very quiet. The Econo Lodge is conveniently located next to the freeway that runs to the historic district. (Hannibal does sign posts very well!) So, even though I wasn't staying in the more expensive district, I was literally 5-6 minutes away by car. Free breakfast is on offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank love_2_travel_049
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
1 mi away
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#5 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!