All reviewshuge bathroomcomfortable roomworked fineroad noisedecent stayolder placeparking lot isair conditionerhotel is locatednon smokingwould stay againmicrowavetruckplugs
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If I hadn't reserved online, I wouldn't have bothered stopping. Anyway, upon arriving, I waited and waited for someone to check me in while some man (maintenance man maybe) tried to engage me in conversation. The woman finally came out and explained that she had to go to the bathroom. The room was ok, and clean but the parking area was very small and no handicap spaces that I noticed. It would have been ok for a $39 motel room, but $71 was quite pricy for a place like that. I received a request from Econo Lodge for a review by email and they didn't like my comments. I received a very nasty email from the manager concerning the review they asked for. I would sleep in a roadside ditch before I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Keep on driving. There are better places to stay in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ma0471
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are nervous about identity theft then this is not the place to stay. Even with a confirmed reservation, approved credit card we were still required to have our driving license photocopied. When I refused I was told the police require it and if I cancelled I would be charged for the room as it was about 7PM. I got the photocopy back the next day, but by then identity theft damage could have been done. This is not right. Room was poor. Mattress was old, lumpy and uncomfortable. Shower was Ok, small bar soap and small single towel per person. Wouldn't stay here agin if it was free.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. Huge room, huge bathroom, clean, microwave, coffee pot, great breakfast. Breakfast consist of biscuits, sausage patties, sausage gravy, toast, mini banana nut muffins, three kinds of cereal, butter, jam, cinnamon rolls, regular and decaffeinated coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice, and cold water. Will be staying again on next trip to the Mark Twain caves.

Room Tip: We was in the back so we didn't have traffic noise, but hardly any traffic at night anyway.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I first of all would like to say that this was a good deal for the money. The rooms were large, and the bathrooms were much larger than average too...which was a plus. Noise was not a major issue during the night. Breakfast was also much better than expected, offering biscuits and gravy. Yum!

It's a good place to stay if you're going to quickly pop in for the night and then be on your way. However, don't count on spending quality time here. The hotel's exterior is not appealing at all, it's very small and cramped.

The main issue I had was one of the people from the hotel. A guy was sitting on a lawn chair drinking beer and letting his cat run around, all outside across from our room. I also have to reluctantly admit that I witnessed him put his hand down his pants. Yuck! I'm fairly certain he was someone from the hotel....that room of his looked permanent.

Overall, a decent stay despite the indecency of one of the hotel people.

Room Tip: A second story room would probably be a good idea.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel represents a good value, with or without AAA or other type of discount. I had AAA. The room was basic, but large, and had all the amenities I needed for a one-night stay. And it was very quiet. The Econo Lodge is conveniently located next to the freeway that runs to the historic district. (Hannibal does sign posts very well!) So, even though I wasn't staying in the more expensive district, I was literally 5-6 minutes away by car. Free breakfast is on offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo