All reviewshuge bathroomcomfortable roomworked fineroad noisedecent stayolder placeparking lot isair conditionerhotel is locatednon smokingwould stay againmicrowavetruckplugs
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are nervous about identity theft then this is not the place to stay. Even with a confirmed reservation, approved credit card we were still required to have our driving license photocopied. When I refused I was told the police require it and if I cancelled I would be charged for the room as it was about 7PM. I got the photocopy back the next day, but by then identity theft damage could have been done. This is not right. Room was poor. Mattress was old, lumpy and uncomfortable. Shower was Ok, small bar soap and small single towel per person. Wouldn't stay here agin if it was free.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. Huge room, huge bathroom, clean, microwave, coffee pot, great breakfast. Breakfast consist of biscuits, sausage patties, sausage gravy, toast, mini banana nut muffins, three kinds of cereal, butter, jam, cinnamon rolls, regular and decaffeinated coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice, and cold water. Will be staying again on next trip to the Mark Twain caves.

Room Tip: We was in the back so we didn't have traffic noise, but hardly any traffic at night anyway.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I first of all would like to say that this was a good deal for the money. The rooms were large, and the bathrooms were much larger than average too...which was a plus. Noise was not a major issue during the night. Breakfast was also much better than expected, offering biscuits and gravy. Yum!

It's a good place to stay if you're going to quickly pop in for the night and then be on your way. However, don't count on spending quality time here. The hotel's exterior is not appealing at all, it's very small and cramped.

The main issue I had was one of the people from the hotel. A guy was sitting on a lawn chair drinking beer and letting his cat run around, all outside across from our room. I also have to reluctantly admit that I witnessed him put his hand down his pants. Yuck! I'm fairly certain he was someone from the hotel....that room of his looked permanent.

Overall, a decent stay despite the indecency of one of the hotel people.

Room Tip: A second story room would probably be a good idea.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel represents a good value, with or without AAA or other type of discount. I had AAA. The room was basic, but large, and had all the amenities I needed for a one-night stay. And it was very quiet. The Econo Lodge is conveniently located next to the freeway that runs to the historic district. (Hannibal does sign posts very well!) So, even though I wasn't staying in the more expensive district, I was literally 5-6 minutes away by car. Free breakfast is on offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank love_2_travel_049
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was close to booking a different hotel for our 2-night stay in Hannibal but read the reviews of three other hotels and found them nearly horrifying so it was nice to finally read the good reviews of the Econo Lodge. We found our experience matched the other reviewers'. The hotel is crammed between what looked like a playground and Route 61. In fact, if it were any closer to Route 61, it would be out in traffic, but the parking spaces are plenty wide, the room was clean and roomy, with refrig., microwave, sofa, and table, as well as the king size bed. The front desk clerk was friendly and the breakfast included coffee, juice, cold cereal or oatmeal, muffins and toast, sausage patties, biscuits, and sausage gravy. And if you're going to visit downtown Hannibal and the Mark Twain attractions, it's just a short hop onto Hwy. 36, then the first exit, and you're there. All in all, a good choice for the Hannibal area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor of the rear wing and we had the fan going on the a/c unit so we couldn't hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple