“NO POOL”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Woodstock, Illinois
“NO POOL”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Don't be misled - THERE IS NO POOL. The clerk said it was 'under renovation', but a local said that it's been out of order for over a year and management has no intention of spending the money to get it fixed. Having ridden our motorcycles over 300 miles in 100 degree heat, we were really looking forward to a swim.

On a better note, we did have a terrific dinner at Gabriella's Mexican restaurant just up the street - the food, cocktails and service were wonderful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I wish I had read some of the reviews on this motel before staying there. There was feces in the stool when we arrived! Not sure if that was from the previous guests or from the "cleaning" person. The bathtub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The room smelled musty and moldy. There were at least 10 bugs on the floor, some dead and some still alive. It looked like everything was just wiped down but with something that left a greasy film. The carpet was disgustingly dirty and stained. If it hadn't been so late and we were not so tired we would have gone somewhere else. I saw 2 of the women the next morning that were going around "cleaning" the rooms and all I can say is "white trash"! The manager of this motel should be ashamed and maybe that is why it is for sale. I agree with 2 of the others leaving reviews that it was the DIRTIEST ROOM I HAVE EVER STAYED IN and DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

1 Thank Kimberly G
Granger, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

After viewing the others reviews of this property, my husband and I decided to give this place a whirl considering our trip was last minute and we wanted to take our 3 small dogs along, who incidentally, weigh 50 lbs. combined weight. Because they accept pets was the deciding factor in booking the room. We have found that pet charges can be all over the place in regards to fees and their site said $10 pet charge which we felt was more than reasonable. After booking a room thru Priceline, I called the hotel to double check if they allowed pets. The person on the phone spoke broken English, but assured me that they did. We arrived an hour before check in which is 2:00 p.m. We stopped by the office to let them know we were in town and the desk clerk (lady) allowed us to check-in and gave us our key cards, but said we had to wait to get into the room until 2:00 p.m. because it wasn't ready. No problem.. we had a couple of stops to make and would be back. We returned at 2:30 p.m. and when we walked into the room the bed pillows were thrown in the middle of the bed and missing a couple pillow cases. No big deal. I found the cleaning gal with the cart and asked for a couple cases which she handed over. The room had excellent air conditioning and while we stayed (Tom Sawyer Days) the temps were over 100 degrees. BIG PLUS! I found the mini refrigerator to be dirty. Left over spillage from a previous guest that hadn't been cleaned which I did myself. We were also missing towels, hand towels and wash cloths. Again, went to the office and was told to find the cleaning gal and get some. Not exactly great customer service, but it was fine at that point. My husband had left his swim suit at home so we ran to Walmart to pick one up (since it was blazing hot out) for later in the evening when it cooled down a bit to take a quick dip. No such luck. Even though this hotel advertises that is has a pool... its unusable. Half full of water with leaves and trash. You can only imagine our surprise. :/ After our first night, I went to the office in the morning and asked if it would be possible to stay another night. The front desk clerk immediately was annoyed and said I didn't tell her I had 3 dogs and that I only paid for one. I smiled and said I misunderstood your pet policy as I thought the charge was $10. She interrupted and said "For EACH dog"... I told her no problem, I would be happy to pay the $20 I owed. She then started typing at the computer and sighed deeply for longer than just a minute or two. It occurred to me that I should probably get my husband in here in case things went awry. As soon as he walked in, desk clerk's attitude changed. She gave me a discounted rate (their rates are too high for what they offer imo) charged us $30 for the dogs and said she would move other guests that hadnt arrived yet to the upstairs. Upon returning to the room after a few hours our key card didn't work. Desk clerk lady had forgotten to reset it? During our visit we stayed in a non-smoking room (room #117) only to have smoking guests on either sideof us that sat outside in chairs that were provided and smoked. It was great. :(

To sum this stay up... we won't stay again at this hotel until it the owner or another owner takes it seriously to upgrade his very basis hotel and at least be honest about what they advertise in regards to the ammenities. The BEST thing about this place is its location to downtown and its air-conditioning. They could learn a thing or two about cleanliness (the bathtub had a dirt ring that I cleaned myself with a handtowel).

1 Thank Daniele1226
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I travel a lot and as long as the room is clean, I don't care what it looks like. I should have known from the stench in the lobby this place would be a no go. When we walked in our room, it looked nice. HOWEVER this was the dirtiest room I have ever stayed in. The bedspread was stained on the underside and obviously had not been washed in quite some time. The blanket under that was also stained and had not been washed. The mirrors were covered in some type of filmy yuckiness. In the bathroom, the shower curtain was also filthy. The tub had a BLACK filmy ring around it and there were hairs in the tub. The tile was disgusting. It also had a black film on the tile from not being cleaned. The grout and caulk was very moldy. There was mold all around the ceiling and there were water stains from leaks. There were also large spiders my husband had to kill. I wish we had looked closer at our room when we arrived so we could have gotten our money back and found a different hotel. By the time we realized how disgusting this place was, it was too late to go anywhere else. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

2 Thank J R
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Took a chance based on price & location and was not disappointed. Room was very clean, air conditioner was very cold, and decor was current. Staff was friendly, mattress very comfortable. Did not eat breakfast as it was quite minimal so we elected to walk to town (easy trek.) Would not hesitate to stay there for a quick overnight, but might opt for more amenities if staying longer.

Room Tip: A/C in Room 11 was awesome, but morning sun could be a deterrent for late sleepers. Did not notice n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gigix4
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have stayed here for years and consider it to be a good value within close walking distance to downtown. It's a clean basic hotel with a friendly staff. The rooms look like they have been repainted since the last time I stayed but it is still very very basic. I was a bit disappointed that the breakfast quality has deteriorated somewhat. The biscuits were stale, the orange juice soured and no jelly. I want to continue staying here because of the price and proximity to downtown, but if they let the quality slide anymore I'm afraid it will no longer be an option.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
farmington mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

staying there monthly for work cheap rent 500 month,but the place is a dive.stayed on top floor and 4 rooms leaked badley everything we had got wet and he didnt even want to cominsate for are damages said it wasnt his problem!!!so he finally moved us to different room and card wouldnt work next day so went to see what was wrong and they said my rent was do and dang the luck they cheated me out of a days rent. I would suggest paying the extra buck and stay somewhere else and also mold is going to be very badley from all the roofs leaking!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business