“Nice Updated Rooms, Smoke Smell in Hall”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms this hotel are very nice and have been updated recently. It would be nice to have a towel bar by the sink so that the hand towels don't sit on the counter. We really missed having a refrigerator, which I think is pretty standard at this price point. The room was quiet and comfortable. Good hot breakfast. They probably have cookies at night, but the plate was empty when we checked in around 9:00 P.M.

The hallway on the 3rd floor where our NON-smoking room was located smelled like smoke, which we disliked. From reading another review, I now realize that 1/2 the 3rd floor is smoking. Really?! Smoke travels in the air!

When our friends and I checked out, they were charged an extra $8.00 even though they had pre-paid for their room on-line to get a better rate. The front desk person did not give a very good explanation for this, especially considering we had the exact same pre-paid price for our room and we weren't charged the extra $8.00.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stacey H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate your business. If you ever stay with us again in the future just request to be on second floor, it is an all non smoking floor, and we would be happy to accomodate you there in the future. I believe the only thing the 8 dollar difference could of been is if they had an extra adult in the room. At that point an extra $7.00 plus tax fee is charged for the 3rd adult, that would not be charged on deposit. I apologize that the desk clerk did not explain this better and will be sure to address that issue.
We are in hopes you will return to see us in the future, and we will try to address all concerning issues.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff was very courteous, the room was beautiful (loved the extra room in the shower with the rounded curtain rod) and all of the breakfast options were great. I was impressed that each guest got a USA Today delivered to their door in the a.m. as well.

Room Tip: Non smoking room does not mean non smoking area. Could smell a lot of smoke in the hallway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Stacey H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. We take pride in customer service and are so happy that you enjoyed our staff and breakfast bar. We hope you will return to see us in the future, as we strive to become a great hotel guest love.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is an older hotel, about a five minute drive from the main tourist attractions. There isn't really anything within walking distance. But the hotel staff are very friendly, helpful, and cheerful. Breakfast is excellent.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Stacey H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel staff, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was ok. It as an older Holiday Inn Express.
Not too good for non-smokers...it is too bad it still has smoking rooms.
My room was on the 3rd floor and on one end of the smoking floor where it is supposed to be non-smoking but you still have to walk thru it on way to elevator.
Not close to downtown area but that is OK.
The Best Western downtown has the same owners and is a few $ cheaper.
Dollar store next door.
Convenient as is just off highway.
A little hi priced for what it is.
Pool was very strong of chlorine smell
Breakfast attendant was very helpful lady.

Room Tip: stay away from the 3rd floor. try quality inn up on highway west of town.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jksKansas
Stacey H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments, and assure you we will take them into consideration. If you come back through and would like to try us again, please let the desk know that you would like to be on the all non-smoking second floor.
We will also speak to our Pool Company about the strong chemical smell from pool area, they check our pool water daily for accuracy.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

After a long day of traveling stopped at the Holiday Inn Express. It was close to the highway and seemed decent from the outside. I stopped in to see if any rooms were available and the person at the front desk told me only smoking rooms were available. I told her thanks but I would find another hotel and started to leave. She then told me that they had a non smoking whirlpool suite that she would give to me at the regular room rate. The room was clean and the whirlpool was fantastic after a long day of traveling. Overall I would rate the hotel about a 6-7 out of 10. There are no restaurants in close proximity which was a negative and the property could use a bit of updating. The morning breakfast was excellent and was enjoyable. Again, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Stacey H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We enjoy the feedback and will work on updating some things to make your stay more comfortable. Thanks again for taking time to do a review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very laid back environment I absolutely love the customer service here. Also it was close to the college, where I had to take a two-day test. The housekeeping staff was very nice. I left to go take a test at the college when I came back they had cleaned the room. Not only that though, they saw that I had make up bottles everywhere so they left me extra make-up remover pads. I also went to put something in the drawer next to my bed and they had left a note that welcoming me to the hotel and to let them know if I need anything. I was very impressed. I came to the breakfast room about thirty minutes late and the breakfast staff let me still get some juice. She was very nice and social. I didn't get to meet any of the A.M. staff but second and third shift men were very kind and helpful. The only problems with this hotel is that there are way too many chemicals in the pool which burned my eyes by just being in the room. so I couldn't swim. Also they only had smoking rooms left and they smell horrible. But it is a smoking room so that was expected. They gave me a can of air freshener so I was happy. Its a pretty nice place I'm happy with it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Stacey H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and customer service, most of us here at the hotel live to make people smile, so are very happy you found us.
I will share your comment with the gentleman that takes care of our pool, and see if there is away to make the chemical smell less so you may enjoy the pool on your next trip through.
We are in hopes to see you again in the future. We have an all non-smoking floor available so when making reservations just request it, we would be happy to put you there where you would be more comfortable. Thanks Again!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel was your typical Holiday Inn Express. It was conveniently located next to the major North/South Hwy, but little else. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was typical. One odd thing, the front desk never seemed to be “manned” Each time I needed them I had to locate a desk worker, or use a phone they had placed on the counter to call them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Stacey H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments, I will speak with the front desk staff about your concerns. We really appreciate the feedback, it helps us know the things we need to be better about. We are in hopes you will try us again in the future, and find these things more to you liking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
#6 of 10 in Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#5 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!