“Typical Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
kansas
“Typical Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was ok. It as an older Holiday Inn Express.
Not too good for non-smokers...it is too bad it still has smoking rooms.
My room was on the 3rd floor and on one end of the smoking floor where it is supposed to be non-smoking but you still have to walk thru it on way to elevator.
Not close to downtown area but that is OK.
The Best Western downtown has the same owners and is a few $ cheaper.
Dollar store next door.
Convenient as is just off highway.
A little hi priced for what it is.
Pool was very strong of chlorine smell
Breakfast attendant was very helpful lady.

Room Tip: stay away from the 3rd floor. try quality inn up on highway west of town.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jksKansas
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments, and assure you we will take them into consideration. If you come back through and would like to try us again, please let the desk know that you would like to be on the all non-smoking second floor.
We will also speak to our Pool Company about the strong chemical smell from pool area, they check our pool water daily for accuracy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed May 26, 2013

After a long day of traveling stopped at the Holiday Inn Express. It was close to the highway and seemed decent from the outside. I stopped in to see if any rooms were available and the person at the front desk told me only smoking rooms were available. I told her thanks but I would find another hotel and started to leave. She then told me that they had a non smoking whirlpool suite that she would give to me at the regular room rate. The room was clean and the whirlpool was fantastic after a long day of traveling. Overall I would rate the hotel about a 6-7 out of 10. There are no restaurants in close proximity which was a negative and the property could use a bit of updating. The morning breakfast was excellent and was enjoyable. Again, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We enjoy the feedback and will work on updating some things to make your stay more comfortable. Thanks again for taking time to do a review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very laid back environment I absolutely love the customer service here. Also it was close to the college, where I had to take a two-day test. The housekeeping staff was very nice. I left to go take a test at the college when I came back they had cleaned the room. Not only that though, they saw that I had make up bottles everywhere so they left me extra make-up remover pads. I also went to put something in the drawer next to my bed and they had left a note that welcoming me to the hotel and to let them know if I need anything. I was very impressed. I came to the breakfast room about thirty minutes late and the breakfast staff let me still get some juice. She was very nice and social. I didn't get to meet any of the A.M. staff but second and third shift men were very kind and helpful. The only problems with this hotel is that there are way too many chemicals in the pool which burned my eyes by just being in the room. so I couldn't swim. Also they only had smoking rooms left and they smell horrible. But it is a smoking room so that was expected. They gave me a can of air freshener so I was happy. Its a pretty nice place I'm happy with it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and customer service, most of us here at the hotel live to make people smile, so are very happy you found us.
I will share your comment with the gentleman that takes care of our pool, and see if there is away to make the chemical smell less so you may enjoy the pool on your next trip through.
We are in hopes to see you again in the future. We have an all non-smoking floor available so when making reservations just request it, we would be happy to put you there where you would be more comfortable. Thanks Again!!!
Vicksburg, MS
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Hotel was your typical Holiday Inn Express. It was conveniently located next to the major North/South Hwy, but little else. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was typical. One odd thing, the front desk never seemed to be “manned” Each time I needed them I had to locate a desk worker, or use a phone they had placed on the counter to call them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stacey H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I will speak with the front desk staff about your concerns. We really appreciate the feedback, it helps us know the things we need to be better about. We are in hopes you will try us again in the future, and find these things more to you liking.
Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a tough day of driving we needed a late night place to stop. Having had good experiences at other Holiday Day Inn Express locations this seemed like the place to go.

Clean and comfortable rooms and beds. Our AC didn't seem to be working but it was cool enough as-is.

Friendly staff both evening and morning. Breakfast was okay.

Strange thing they do, something that was very inconvenient, was that they change the password to their WI-FI overnight. We got in about 10 pm and got the code. In the morning that password didn't work. Went to the front desk and they confirmed they change it overnight. A suggestion to them - change it at noon when there's no one there. Changing it there overnight is a major inconvenience to people who get in late, have to leave early but need to jump on the Internet to check email before they leave. It caused us to lose some time and isn't needed. No one is trying to hack your WI-FI.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John J
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your friendly comments about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback, and will speak with our internet people and see what we can do about the time of password change. It is mandatory we do this twice a week per Holiday Inn Regulations, but would like to make it not be an inconvience. Thanks Again for staying with us, and we are in hopes to see you again in the future.
Parkville, Missouri
Reviewed April 7, 2013

All in all a nice place kinda overboard sealing up the bathroom but beds were comfy slept well.Only problem I saw was tbe housekeeping should look up. There was a wahcloth on the shower rail. Not a bug deal but it relates to overall cleanliness. I will most difinitely stay again..

• Stayed April 2013
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will discuss your response with the housekeeping staff. We are in hopes you will return in the future, and appreciate your business.
Holton, ks
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The front desk people were very nice. The room was clean but bathroom could use a little work. My wife love Holiday Inn Cinnamon Rolls. We got down for breakfast she was told they never order enough and did not have them. The breakfast lady was very nice about but but it was a disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacey H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We appreciate the feedback, and apologize for the lack of Cinnamon Rolls in the morning for breakfast. Sometimes when ordering some things are missed, there is no reason for this and the hotel is extremely sorry you had this issue. We are in hopes you will stop and stay with us again and we assure you the Rolls will be present. Thanks Again for you comments!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#4 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal? Share your experiences!