“Good location in Hannibal”

Best Western On The River
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My 12 year old son and I spent two nights here while we were in town to do Mark Twain tourism.
The hotel was very clean and within a convenient walking distance to most attractions. There is a good diner right across the street.

The pool and hot tub are in the center courtyard so if the hotel were full I imagine the noise level would be significant.

Breakfast included hot and cold items and was very good. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank chimera22

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The staff was very responsive to rany help I needed. I regret that I had to ask for help: the air conditioning did not work properly; the computer , of the two in the busines center ,that did work had no ink in the linked printer. I had to request a key in order to use the fitness center. The quality of the food at breakfast was very poor. the biscuits were so tough I could not eat them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Our family stayed over spring break and really liked everything. The pool area was warm and clean, the rooms were "roomy" and the location was perfect for us to walk downtown and have dinner and shop the next morning. The breakfast was fresh and wonderful. We felt safe and relaxed to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee P
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I will always remember this hotel because of the great service we received from the staff. We arrived late and left early the next day, so we did not try the food or amenities; however the room was clean, well stocked and comfortable. I would say that the only downfall was the lack of parking available on the grounds. We had to park on a side street on a fairly steep hill. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 195tamiw
Reviewed March 14, 2014

there is limited parking at this motel. I went out for dinner and when I came back, two trucks were parked near the entrance so it was difficult to get in the only space left. The rooms are nice, but the first room I was assigned had no windows. I went to the desk and got re-assigned to a room with a window. (there was a winter storm that night and needed to see the conditions the next morning) The breakfast was very good: real eggs, homemade egg, cheese and ham patties, sausages, biscuits & gravy , cereal etc. The best part of the stay was the bed and the wonderful comfy pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel has installed energy-saving lights, but they are the kind that makes everybody look like a zombie. It's also rather dark, so the ambience leaves a lot to be desired. The staff wasn't particularly friendly when I checked in and out. On the plus side, this is a convenient location, and the breakfast was better than average. I had a nice, clean, quiet room on the top floor farthest from the pool, which I suspect is a noise problem when the place is full of tourists in the summer. The heating fan in the wall was making odd noises when I first checked in; turning the speed down solved the problem.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room if you want to see the river. But it's not a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank TBearden
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. My only complaints are that we stayed on the 3rd floor right next to the outside door which was not secured and kept banging open and waking us up. Also people stomping up the outside stairs. If you expect to get any sleep don't stay in room 301.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 11 in Quincy
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#5 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Best Western On The River? Share your experiences!