“Great food!”

Becky Thatcher's Diner
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Hannibal
Cuisines: American
Description: A local tradition featuring classic home-cooked foods in the heart of Hannibal, Missouri. Now under new ownership! Open Monday through Saturday from 6:00am-2:00pm for lunch and breakfast. Closed Monday.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a bit of a wait, but it was well worth it! Home cooked, delicious food. Very "DINER" like. Ticket to pay was held up at the register. Friendly staff.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I stopped in the diner when we arrived for the weekend in Hannibal. When we arrived they were not busy and those in the diner had already received their food so we were glad there would not be much of a wait since my husband is diabetic and needed to eat. Although there appeared to be plenty of staff, not one person came to take our order. None of the staff even gave us a smile or a nod just looked at us. They saw us so that was not the problem. After waiting for 10 to 15 minutes we just got up and left. Certainly was a bad start to our weekend in Hannibal. Luckily we went to the Mark Twain restaurant down the street and had friendly service and delicious food.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The food and service were excellent and prices were reasonable. We had the open face beef sandwich, cheese burger and catfish. The side choices were plenty. I really like the smashed potatoes. We were too full to try the dessert but the choices were plenty and we only wishes we were hungrier.

1  Thank ovenbird3
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We really wanted to eat here due to reviews, but the timing never worked out. But, before we left town I was determined to try something, so I stopped by and got a piece of pie for the trip home. It was like pecan, but called cashew. WOW! I have never had any better quality and tasty pie.

I looked around while I was waiting for them to pack my pie, and the place was immaculately clean, and the special on the black board looked wonderful. The menu was filled with excellent choices at really affordable prices.

Don't miss this place. I'm sorry I did, but never again.

1  Thank L B
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch this past Thursday. Service was very good, food was great! Homemade and the portions were huge. I loved the bacon cheeseburger w/ home grown tomato. I'm not a big ff girl but they were very good. My husband had the catfish (2 huge filets), smashed potatoes w/ yummy brown gravy, and cole slaw. I'm picky about slaw and I enjoyed it. So sad...we were too stuffed to have blackberry cobbler.