“The Good and the Ugly”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Bossier City
“The Good and the Ugly”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Was in town with family due to my daughter being in Hannibal hospital. This hotel is very close to the hospital and nice restaurants. The rooms we had were very nice and clean. My husband and I stayed in a suite. It was very spacious with bedroom (with TV) that could be closed off from living area. Living area had a frig, microwave, TV, couch, desk. We didn't have noise from other rooms or hallway. My stay was for four nights. One day my room was not cleaned or restocked but it wasn't a problem. Breakfast was good and hot. On Saturday the breakfast area was full of people with no open tables so the staff opened an area in the bar for us then waited on us. So the food staff were amazing. Hotel and most of the front desk staff were great. My problem came upon check out with one employee, apparently the hotel manager. All family members (except me) had checked out after couple nights. One member realized hotel had charged their bill to MY Visa. When I brought it to the attention of manager, she was not apologetic nor concerned. In a defensive manner tried to say it was other family's fault and wasn't willing to contact them to get their Visa number to correct. As of this writing (stay was in Oct; this date is 11-7) we are still working on getting the bills corrected. The worst of all was when I asked her for a late check out. My daughter had gotten out of the hospital but we were waiting for blood work to come back with the possibility of her going back into hospital. If she went back into hospital I still needed the room. Manager would only give me until noon. I had to LEAVE my daughter at the hospital, hurry back to hotel to get my belongings, run to front desk to check out knowing I might need to check back in. I encountered the same manager. When she realized the trouble she caused she was still very unhelpful or understanding. I do have her name and will be filing complaint with company.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank futurehope94
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment on your recent stay. My name is Kenyetta and I am the General manager of the hotel in which you stayed at in October. I have received your survey from Choice and emailed you to talk further about this situation. Again, I apologize for the way in which this situation was handled and will still love to speak with you concerning this manner. Look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Altoona, Iowa
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to find this quality of a Quality Inn in Hannibal, MO. This has to be one of the nicest Quality Inn & Suites you will ever find. The hot breakfast is also one of the best you will ever. Thanks for the such great facility.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Russell M
Midway, Arkansas
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. One of the top 10% of hotels I've ever stayed at (including hotels and resorts in Hawaii and throughout the US)! Superb personnel, impressive lobby, spectacular pool and hot tub, large and extremely clean rooms. I will definitely return anytime I'm close to the Hannibal area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ArkansasEagle
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your fabulous comment regarding our hotel. I am pleased that your enjoyed yourself and hope that you will return to see us soon.
Boynton Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a great hotel if checking out the sights of Hannibal, Missouri. Although not in the heart of town, it is very clean and the staff is very accommodating. They serve a morning breakfast that was very good. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the tme to comment on your recent visit with us in Hannibal, MO. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Hannibal.
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were very impressed with the facility at the Quality Inn and Suites. The rooms were amazingly large and comfortable and the amenities were beyond our expectations. The breakfast served and the dining room set the bar very high for other hotels. Overall we would recommend this facility for singles or families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Greg N
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I will pass along the compliments to the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Hannibal.
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is one of those situations where you're torn between giving the property a lower or higher score. Here's why: I booked this place for two nights while we attended a family reunion in the area. My wife and I showed up about 9 p.m. Check-in was terribly slow, as the desk clerk was having issues of some sort with the guy ahead of me. He didn't seem to have a clue about what hotel he'd booked, so the clerk was having to do all the legwork for him. And she was obviously moving in slow motion. She finally wrapped up with him and checked us into room 213. First thing I did was head to the bathroom. Upon lifting the toilet lid/seat, I saw the distinct remnants of someone else's, uh, recent presence. I gagged a bit, then snapped a photo with my phone and told my wife to just stay put. The front desk clerk pointed me to Rhea the Manager, who was obviously disappointed when I showed her the photo. She immediately moved us into room 320, a suite. First thing my wife did was to check the toilet, which was fine. But, there was about four inches of water in the tub. Fortunately, that was due to the stopper being closed and the faucet handle not shut off completely. No telling how long it had dripped to collect that much water...

Otherwise, the place was a pleasant surprise. I am loyal to the Hilton chain, and rarely stay at a Choice Hotels property like this one. The place looked fairly new. The pool area seemed to be popular, and the hotel has a lounge just off the lobby. The bed was comfortable, the shower was decent, the suite was big and a definite upgrade over the room I reserved (thank you Rhea), the place was quiet (even with at least two bus loads of high school soccer kids staying there the first night), and the breakfast buffet was tasty, hot, and plentiful. Kudos, too, to the lady keeping track of it. She kept it clean, stocked, and made sure everything was wiped down after the Coughing family spewed all over everything multiple times (there's always one).

So, my overall rating is a 3 rather than 4, solely because of the gross toilet incident. Seems to me that a clean toilet should be pretty fundamental. Once we left that "behind" everything was pretty good. The slow front desk clerk was balanced out by Rhea's quick and decisive solution to the toilet issue. The cleanliness issue in the first room was balanced out by the lack of one in the second room.

While it's doubtful that we'll be back in Hannibal in the future, I think I can recommend this place to others. As long as they get the right maid.

Room Tip: Our replacement room was on the SW corner of the propery, top floor, away from Hwy 36. Very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KSUBaker
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the housekeeping issue you faced at our property during your recent stay. It is our goal to resolve every issue before you leave our property. Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to make it right for you and your wife and I am glad that the rest of your stay was a better experience. I have passed this comment on to our Front Desk Manager as well as our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that this does not happen to you or any other guest in the future.
Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were so happy to bring our little dog with us here. This hotel is very clean, pleasant, and quiet! Staff very professional and helpful about sites to see. The breakfast was the best we've ever had at a hotel........can't say enough about this property. It helped make our vacation one to remember!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank for the rave review, I will make sure to pass it along to the staff. Hope to see you the next time you travel to Hannibal, MO.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
#6 of 10 in Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#3 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!