“Very accommodating”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
“Very accommodating”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were traveling to Des Moines, Ia from Florida and we had been in the car 14 hours and it was about 11:00 at night. They were the only place that accepted dogs but they didn't have any more dog friendly rooms available at all in the hotel. All they had left was a smoking room. It unfortunately my wife has horrible allergies and can't sleep in a smoking room. They ended up giving us the last non smoking room in the hotel even though dogs weren't allowed!!! Very a coasting and great rooms!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed May 26, 2012

They have the best breakfast buffet that is included with the price of you room when you stay there . Usually you only get a donut or whatever at others. Bacon- waffles- cereal- fruits- juices -coffee- hash browns and that's only the beginning. You won't leave hungry. Staff is there to help you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel with nice staff and clean rooms. Don't forget to eat at Fiddlesticks right next to the hotel. Great food!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonsall, California
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is newer than the others in Hannibal, but it is a few miles outside of the downtown area on the highway. It is far enough off the main road that highway noise isn't an issue. It is just a few minutes drive to the downtown area, so the location isn't a problem unless you want to walk. There is a Fiddlesticks restaurant adjacent to the hotel that is good and inexpensive for lunch and dinner.

The complimentary breakfast is one of the best I've had at a hotel in this price range. They had several different kinds of scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, whole fruit, make your own waffles, sausage, bacon, and hard boiled eggs. Also the usual bread, pastries and cereal. The staff at breakfast was very nice.

We were in a king suite and it was huge. It had a separate living area with a large bathroom between it and the bedroom. The only issue with the room is that there was only one very dim lamp in the living room, so the desk was unusable because it was too dark to work there. Oddly, there are four lamps in the bedroom. I assume the desk lamp was missing because it made no sense not to have any light there. The bedroom also had a TV. The room was clean...no stains on the carpet or furniture. There is a sofa bed in the living room, a microwave and refrigerator.

The bathroom was large and clean. This is the only hotel I've stayed at in years where the grout in the tile floor was spotless. There was some mold on the vent, but not in the shower/tub. The water saving shower head is ridiculous. It took forever to get wet, but there was plenty of hot water.

There is a big issue with noise from a neighboring property for the rooms at the end of the building away from the highway. There are several dogs tied up that bark non-stop all day and night. Even with the windows closed and the A/C running, I could still hear the big dog with ear plugs in. Ask for a room away from this part of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.

The indoor pool is large and attractive. There is a hot tub behind the rocks that surround the pool. They also have a small game room and nice workout room.

There is a happy hour in the bar in the evening with free snacks and reasonable prices for drinks. The hotel has the ability to cater parties.

I would have preferred to stay at the Best Western downtown, but this place was very nice and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the barking dogs at the end of the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Let me first off saying that we loved the size of our two queen room. As my two boys said it was big enough to play football in. We booked on choice.com and paid up front for our room and roll away all together. However upon checking in we were told we still owed for the rollaway even though I showed the email confirmation. I had to call choice to then have them call the hotel to figure it out! Everyone was cordial about it all. We settled in for the night at ten and were continually woken up consistently until two am in theorminh by pounding on the floor above us that shook the walls and lights. We complained more than four times by phone and twice in person. It even went to having to call a manager at two am at home since there is only one person on duty at night. He tried everything he could but to no avail. Eventually the people went to sleep, when I went to check out I was told that they could not compensate us since we did advance pay. Of course no manager to talk to and I would have to call Monday in two days to talk to one. I called Monday explained things to the manager who transferred me to the GM who I left a message for. Instead of calling me back I received an email saying I would get compensated with points which is fine by me but would have liked to talk to someone. Overall would I stay there again yes but if there is an issue at night it more than likely will not get resolved to your liking.

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here on March 24, 2012 for one night and thought this was a real nice place to stay. Only thing I could find wrong was low water pressure taking a shower but the hotel was fully booked and that may have been the issue. Can't comment on the breakfast because I usually like to sleep late. Would be sure to stay here again when visiting Hannibal.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank driver175
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just stayed here for the third time. I have stayed in several hotels in hannibal and this is the best. New clean facility. Nice large suites. Helpful, friendly staff. Quiet. Good free breakfast with some hot items. You might have to drive a little to eat other meals though.

Room Tip: I like the suites. Large sitting room and separate bedroom. Tucked away in corners of floors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
#4 of 10 in Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
#6 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!