“Interesting history”
Review of Rockcliffe Mansion

Rockcliffe Mansion
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Hannibal
More attraction details
Owner description: Rockcliffe Mansion is an amazing Thirteen Thousand Five Hundred SF, Thirty room, Grand Residence built to overlook the Mighty Mississippi between 1898 and 1900 by Lumber Baron John J Cruikshank, Jr. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of the original antique furnishings and fixtures are preserved. The Mansion is filled with rich Mahogany, Oak and Walnut appointments, magnificent Palladian windows and the finest interior decorations from Europe and America. Guided Tours are available daily. In addition to Guided Tours, the Mansion offers 4 Bed & Breakfast accommodations. Please visit our Website for Tour hours and further information.
Springfield, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Interesting history”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was a fascinating place. The owner was our tour guide which made the tour even better. You can take pictures. We really enjoyed our tour.

Visited August 2013
RockcliffeMansion, Manager at Rockcliffe Mansion, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Paris, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Rockcliffe Mansion and Juan”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My 15 year old daughter Pilar and I had a wonderful stay. We were treated like queens and Juan made us the most amazing breakfast. I can't wait for my friends to visit the mansion when he re-opens March 15 2014. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was so very comfortable and relaxing. I want to come again and stay on the 2nd floor. Thank you Juan, you are a true gentleman and a wonderful host...we love you. I think any age would appreciate this stay, we were in awe and still are. I can't wait to post my pictures of this most beautiful mansion and of course of our host.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Victoria C
RockcliffeMansion, Manager at Rockcliffe Mansion, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you Victoria for your review. Yes, our season is from March 15 through November 15....I am looking forward to see you next year and to see the pictures you took.Thank you again. Juan
topeka, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Magnificent!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Oh I really can't say enough about this stately old turn of the century house. It is truly worth the $15 admission price. Even if all you got was the tour it would be worth it. But when you ad in all the amazing history of the house and family, along with the personal stories provided by the guides and owner, it was a fun and informative way to spend an hour or so. Definitely would do it again just to see how much more they have done on the property.

2 Thank Vicki S
RockcliffeMansion, Manager at Rockcliffe Mansion, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank You for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the tour.
Edwardsville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife Kim and I had a WONDERFUL time at Rockcliffe B&B. Juan was the greatest host we could of had. The room was awesome and the house was so interesting. We loved the breakfast! We greatly enjoyed the time on the porch with our wine and cheese. Juan spent time with us and really made us feel welcome. Mary really does a great job on the tour! I would recommend this to any couple looking for a weekend away from the busyness of life.

3 Thank Moore34
RockcliffeMansion, Manager at Rockcliffe Mansion, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments. I enjoyed your visit. Wish you the best!!!Juan
Kansas City, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Top of the Line”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It is a beautiful mansion that we never get tired of. Everything about it is delightful. Museum quality furniture, stained glass, chandeliers, statues, etc. Best breakfast ever, and the owner Juan is delightful.

2 Thank jenks2013
RockcliffeMansion, Manager at Rockcliffe Mansion, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your visit to the Mansion and your comments keep inspiring me to continue the restoration of the Museum. Thank you!!!!

Been to Rockcliffe Mansion? Share your experiences!