“Delicious Donuts”

The Sweetest Thing bakery
Decatur, Illinois
“Delicious Donuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The only problem we found at this bakery was not enough of all their products was available. The only thing they had left was donuts and we would have liked to tried more items. The donuts were just great and freshly made. Hope I can grab some cream horns next time.

Visited December 2012

“COLORZ loves the Sweetest Thing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

These doughnuts are soooo wonderful! Totally worth the trip and money! :) Apple fritter is my fav along with the twist.

Hannibal, MO
“great donuts! a lil pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We tried a few donuts all very good. The glazed cinnamon twists were amazing! I also liked their custard filled and long johns. There was a constant stream of customers for a weekend morning.

Visited November 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This place is a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We started our family vacation in Hannibal. I have a daughter with Celiac's disease, which means she can't ingest gluten. I knew that she likes gluten-free pastries and cakes, so I researched bakeries and found this one. I contacted the owner and told her my problem. She'd never baked gluten-free, but told me she'd find a recipe and have something for us. She was true to her word and even checked back with me a day or so before our trip. We settled on chocolate cupcakes and she said she'd cook a half batch (6 cupcakes). I didn't ask price, but expected to pay $3 or more per cupcake, just because of the extra effort. Imagine my surprise, then, when they were only $1 each!?! I mean, she made $6 for those cupcakes, which certainly didn't cover her time in researching a recipe, making a half batch, etc.! Wow! My other daughter and I had the regular donuts, and they were wonderful too. This is the kind of caring small business that deserves our patronage.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank pro47
Hannibal, Missouri
“Great donuts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

The bakery is small but very friendly. As you walk in the front door there is a small area for coffee and donuts. As you pass through a doorway and into the main area there is a small sitting area and more special made donuts at the counter. These two young ladies have been friends and wanted to open a bakery. They had several customers while there and I am thinking about placing a large order with them for our company.
Prices are very reasonable with all other grocery stores in the area. If you get a chance you should stop by and get something for the road.

Visited February 2012