“Saturday night dinner”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I have been intending to het Drake's for some time, finally did last Saturday evening.

We arrived a bit after eight; the restaurant was very busy, but we were greeted and seated promptly. Drinks arrived quickly, and we both decided on the 8 oz sirloin. Entrees come with soup or salad, plus two sides. Salads were good, mostly lettuce, and ample. My wife had a baked potato and corn for sides, she was happy with both. I had potato salad and mac and cheese. These were very good. The potato salad was a particular surprise. Most restaurant potato salad is bland and tasteless. Drake's goes to the effort of making theirs taste good, I recommend it.

Our steaks were very good also, with lots of flavor. They were a bit chewy, but that's par for the course for an inexpensive sirloin. We recommend them. And for $10.49 for the steak dinner with sides, you can't beat it for the money.

We will be back.

1  Thank wfgjr

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We make this a regular stop on our trip south every winter. They do their own BBQ and sauces. Their homemade baked beans and coleslaw we always get as sides. As you walk in the door, the BBQ aroma makes you hungry. Reasonably priced too.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Plain and simple: Great Food. If you liked smoked and real flavored steaks and meats, this is the place. Extremely affordable. I usually order the filet which comes with 2 sides, texas toast, and a salad. It only costs $14....FOR A FILET!! It melts in your mouth. The BBQ pulled pork is also one of our favorites, along with the BBQ Pork Chop. The sides are homemade and delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about Drake's!

2  Thank Brittany J
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to Drake's on New Year's Eve. My rib eye was tender, juicy and cooked perfect!! My husband had the full rack of ribs, DELIGHTFUL!!!! Sides were equally wonderful. If you leave here hungry it would amaze me. Portions are huge!!! My waitress had on high heeled boots and we only seen here when she took our order (I could see her near food station, doing nothing) and when she gave us the check. Other waitress's and owners were quite attentive to us though. She may just have been filling in or new.
Love how the entire family kicks in and helps and can always be found there!!

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Well to make a long story short, after driving around to 2 other bbq joints voted higher than this one, in freezing rain only to find out both went out of business! But I am glad that was the case! I read the other reviews and had no problem getting seated. The server was excellent!
Now to the food, we each ordered the ribs and texas hash browns. The hash browns unbelievable! I would order those just those for a meal! The baby back ribs were so tender, you could pull the bone right out. The bbq was good! Had a little peppery kick to it!
I will definitely be back on my next time through Hannibal!

Been to Drake's? Share your experiences!