“Neat bar and friendly bartender”
Review of Rumor Has It

Rumor Has It
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in Hannibal
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Husband and I just stopped in for a beer and to get out of the heat. Enjoyed the chatter by from the locals and visitors alike. Excellent building if you like history and architecture.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were passing through town with friends and we stopped for lunch. All the food was good. I had the pulled pork and if was very good. The mixed drinks came in vry small glasses, but were good. Large chose of beers. The atmosphere is average for a bar. I'm not sure of it is always, but they took cash only. They have an ATM in the corner, but it didn't work. We had to borrow cash from friends. It was posted on the door, but the door was open when we got there, so we didn't see it.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband had a great hand made burger, and I had the best grilled tenderloin I have ever had! It was worth the trip to Hannibal!

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We were in Hannibal on a Wednesday night, around 5:30, and wanted to find something local, not the usual chain restaurant. A folding sidewalk sign with a drawing of a delicious-looking hamburger on it outside of "Rumor Has It" caught our attention. We went in to check it out. There were half a dozen guys around the bar when we walked in. They turned and looked at us and then a couple of them said hello, asked us how we were doing, made a little small talk with us. There were only large tables available, so we sat at one of those. We were waited on very quickly and each ordered a Blue Moon, bottle. The menu choices were pretty standard bar fare with appetizers, burgers, soup and sandwiches, and plenty of fried stuff. We decided on the brats. I ordered mine with just relish and my husband ordered his with sauerkraut and a side of onion rings. We had our order before we could even get our beer drank. The brats themselves were grilled just right - hot and juicy. The buns were toasted. The relish was just those little white packets, which was a little disappointing, but still tasted fine after expending the effort of squishing it out. My husband said the sauerkraut was some of the best he's ever had, a sweet kraut. The onion rings were hot and generous. Our total bill was $16.90. The only downside for us was cigarette smoking. We're from Iowa and we've gotten used to smoke-free dining. Even at that, it wasn't that smoky. Everyone, from the patrons to the wait staff, made us feel like we belonged. As far as we're concerned, this is one rumor that we want to share!

1  Thank Ydstoti