“Something quite unexpected in Hannibal, MO”
Review of LaBinnah Bistro

LaBinnah Bistro
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Hannibal
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: LaBinnah Bistro caters to those who desire the absolute best in dining. Diners can enjoy the most Delicious entrees, Unique Appetizers and Decadent Desserts in our uninterrupted, unhurried environment.Hannibal's intimate 28 seat dining Bistro, located downtown at 5th and Center streets in historic Hannibal, a 1870 Victorian home. Delicious unique, memorable entrees, from Missouri grown ranch Steaks to delightful Vegetarian await you. Highest quality, ambiance, music and service in the area! You won't be disappointed...in our uninterrupted, unhurried, non-smoking, no deep fat frying environment. High end, casual fine dining. Unbeatable service, untouchable quality in every detail! NOW OPEN 5:00PM to 10PM (Late nite dining, YES!)
Iowa City, Iowa
“Something quite unexpected in Hannibal, MO”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hannibal,Missouri was once a thriving Mississippi River town and, of course, the boyhood home of Mark Twain. Little is left of the industry that put Hannibal on the map and Mark Twain's legacy is just about all that makes this town an attraction - that and LaBinnah Bistro. Step inside the Bistro and you are someplace unexpected; another place and another time. It's a surprising fusion of American 19th century ambiance and European culture. Who knew? And the food? Outstanding. A well-prepared, delicious assortment of American, European, Turkish and Mediterranean entrees with interesting spices from all over the world. It's the real deal. The proprietors care about what they offer and are pleasantly attentive.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank QueenMumWessels
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
QueenMomWessels,

What an amazing review.

We do care about our guests' feedbacks. This means a lot to us.

Merci beaucoup!

Illinois City, Illinois
“Fantastic Dinner”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I have been to Labinnah 5 times and every time we go it is such a great experience... We have brought our children also on a couple of the occasions they have an option to sit outside during the warmer months which was perfect for the kids. The food is some of the best we have had just about anywhere I am very picky about what I eat and here I have actually tried more than 1 thing on the menu.. We will definitely be making a trip back again this year....

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kudosfromchicago
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Kudosfrom Chicago,

We are very pleased to hear about your trips to Hannibal, MO just to dine at our restaurant.

I hope you get to do some sight seeing while you are visiting.

Also, please visit the Hannibal Visitors Bureau's website (Trip Advisor doesn't let direct links to the website) to see upcoming events. You will find more reasons to come back to Hannibal.

Thank you!

Central Illinois
“Great meal”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

First lets start with my complaint... we visited on a Saturday night in late January and called ahead for reservations. Unfortunately that was the night a local company chose to have their holiday party at the same restaurant (the place only seats 28 people total so it was packed) they were so loud and obnoxious my wife and I could not carry on a conversation. I don't have an issue with the party being scheduled on a Saturday night in late January BUT when we called to make reservations it would have been nice to have been given a "heads-up" by the owner as our nice dinner was ruined by the loud party. It was very uncomfortable for us to have strangers standing over us talking while we were trying to eat. The big party should not be of a concern for anyone else as the odds of having dinner there while a big party is going on there are pretty slim. Now for the food... it is GREAT!!! All with a Mediterranean flavor which is something we normally would not order but the food was fabulous. The flavors were remarkable and everything was perfectly prepared. One of the co-owners came out and talked with us for a little while after the partiers left, very friendly and talked about his home in Turkey and some of the influences of the restaurant.Too bad the overall experience was ruined, this could have been a perfectly wonderful dinning experience. I am only giving the place a "average" on atmosphere simply because of the party everything else about the restaurant was great.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank baracuda74
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
baracuda74,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the party being held at LaBinnah during your visit. I suggested your reservation at 5pm and the party was not going to start until 6:30 pm. I estimated your dinner would be close to be done by the time they arrived, but it wasn't. I was wrong and I apologize for that.

You are right. We don't hold office parties during our business hours; that was the first and the last exception.

Thank you very much for your kind words about our cuisine and the quality of the food of our restaurant in Hannibal, Missouri.

Kind Regards,

Excello, Missouri
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I drive about an hour and a half just to eat dinner here. The food is incredible and the service is personal. We visit at least 6 times a year (not enough as far as I'm concerned) and are never dissapointed. They remember us every time we visit (they remember what we like, don't like, what was happening in our life the last time we were there, etc). The atmosphere is cozy and intimate-the place seats less than 30 people. The menu has so much variety, you will easily find something that please your taste buds. Half the time I can't decide what to order-everything is so amazing-so I just have Chris surprise me! We are never dissapointed when we leave-oh, and if you go during the cold months, the hot chocolate is AMAZING, the best I've ever had.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank JONATHAN K
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Jonathan,

Thank you very much for an amazing review.

It is always fun to have you folks here.

I hope you are keeping all warm and safe in this weather!

Redondo Beach, California
“Great food and great experience!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Delightful food, courteous service and quaint atmosphere make for a wonderful experience! We had a party of six including grandpa, a teenager and our four year old daughter and we found something for everyone. It was difficult to make a single choice on the menu, because there were so many appealing options to choose from! While there was understandably no "children's menu", our server went out of his way to out together "off menu" options that would work for our four year old. That was greatly appreciated. Living in the Los Angeles area, there is no shortage of good restaurants and LaBinnah compares favorably to those that we frequent in Southern California. All in all, an experience well worth taking in from the food, to the service, to the ambiance - we will be back! Oh, and by the way, the prices were quite reasonable, so it was a great value to boot!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jonathan W
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Jonathan W.,

We are very glad that we were able to meet your needs for your 4 year old and for the rest of your family.

Also, thank you for the compliment that LaBinnah measures up to the L.A. restaurants.

Hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Regards,