“AMAZING!!”

Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Hannibal
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Take the Journey! Embark on a culinary adventure that brings the World's flavors and traditions to your table. Discover dishes from around the Globe that have endless variety, history and taste!
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I drive about an hour and a half just to eat dinner here. The food is incredible and the service is personal. We visit at least 6 times a year (not enough as far as I'm concerned) and are never dissapointed. They remember us every time we visit (they remember what we like, don't like, what was happening in our life the last time we were there, etc). The atmosphere is cozy and intimate-the place seats less than 30 people. The menu has so much variety, you will easily find something that please your taste buds. Half the time I can't decide what to order-everything is so amazing-so I just have Chris surprise me! We are never dissapointed when we leave-oh, and if you go during the cold months, the hot chocolate is AMAZING, the best I've ever had.

3  Thank JONATHAN K
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Jonathan,

Thank you very much for an amazing review.

It is always fun to have you folks here.

I hope you are keeping all warm and safe in this weather!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Delightful food, courteous service and quaint atmosphere make for a wonderful experience! We had a party of six including grandpa, a teenager and our four year old daughter and we found something for everyone. It was difficult to make a single choice on the menu, because there were so many appealing options to choose from! While there was understandably no "children's menu", our server went out of his way to out together "off menu" options that would work for our four year old. That was greatly appreciated. Living in the Los Angeles area, there is no shortage of good restaurants and LaBinnah compares favorably to those that we frequent in Southern California. All in all, an experience well worth taking in from the food, to the service, to the ambiance - we will be back! Oh, and by the way, the prices were quite reasonable, so it was a great value to boot!

2  Thank Jonathan W
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Jonathan W.,

We are very glad that we were able to meet your needs for your 4 year old and for the rest of your family.

Also, thank you for the compliment that LaBinnah measures up to the L.A. restaurants.

Hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Regards,

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

You would never hope to find an intimate world class restaurant on a quiet side street in Hannibal, Missouri. But this bistro, named after a local 19th century social club (Mark Twain was a member), transports you from the insular and narrow - to a world citizen experience.
The old Victorian house, the walls packed with art and images from everywhere and the menu that reflects some of the great highlights of cuisine from many diverse cultures all contribute to this rich experience.
The owner, Arif, greets everyone warmly and shares engaging stories and experiences.
And finally -the food. Everything we had from the wine and Belgian beer to the Turkish salad to the shrimp and wild salmon to the baklava made by Arif was wonderfully prepared with delightful seasoning.
We couldn't have asked for more.
And for just a little extra surprise - try saying the restaurant name backwards!

2  Thank lukelundemo

Luke,

This is an amazing review.

Thank you very much for taking your time and writing such a detailed feedback.

Also, thank you for the picture attachments to your review as well.

Regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Wonderful dinner. I had the Gemini chicken and my husband had one of the pork chop dishes. The baklava was terrific. It is a Turkish version not a Greek version. The owner is very friendly and told us some stories about the house. It was a good experience.

1  Thank rogrsa

Rogrsa,

Thanks for the compliments about my baklava. I lost count of how many trays I made in December. People were buying trays of them for their Christmas parties.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Hannibal, Missouri.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I went last year for the first time while visiting Hannibal for our 1 year anniversary. We went back to Hannibal again this year for one night and figured we couldn't pass up another chance to eat here. If you've never been, it's a must try in Hannibal. The first time we ate there it was very busy (as most places are on Saturday nights) therefore it took probably 45 mins to an hour to get our food. During our wait, our waiter told us and the rest of the room stories about ghosts and strange happenings in the BnB. It was very nice to have that kind of personal interaction with a waiter while we waited. I honestly could've waited 2 hours for my food though because the atmosphere and food was that good. I believe it was the chicken Gemini I had last year. It was the most tender juicy chicken you could ask for stuffed with all kinds of goodies (cheese, peppers, spinich, not sure what else but it was amazing). It was served on top of a piece of delicious bakery quality bread with a side of potatos spinich and asparagus with an orange sauce on top with a hint of spice to it. This year we went shortly before the Christmas parade was starting so we were the only 2 people in the dining room until one other couple came in part way through our appetizer. It was a very quiet and romantic setting, very different from last year but just as good in its own way. Food was amazing again this year. Chicken is so good it is hard to pass, but I think next year I might try one of the the pork chop dinners. Cant wait to go back again. 5 star service, 5 star food, 5 star location, and at a great value. A must try for anyone going to Hannibal or even within an hour or so of Hannibal. Trust me, it'll be worth the drive.

1  Thank djsport09

Djsport09,

We are happy to know that we exceeded your expectations for restaurants in Hannibal, Missouri.

Yes, Gemini is one of the most favorite dishes on the menu, and like you mentioned; yes it does take a while to prepare, but it sure is worth it.

Thanks again,