“Charming and unusual”

Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Hannibal
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Take the Journey! Embark on a culinary adventure that brings the World's flavors and traditions to your table. Discover dishes from around the Globe that have endless variety, history and taste!
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

From Creole to Southwest to Turkish, creative entrees prepared with care. We just wish they would dispense with the unnecessary signature slab of toast beneath the meat. Our fish was very nicely done. This was a second visit two years later and the quality was consistent. We'll be back.

2  Thank dudegal
Arif D, Manager at LaBinnah Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

dudegal,

It is nice to hear that you think the quality was consistent.

For the bread; please let me know that you don't want the slice of French bread with your meal, I can simply exclude it from your meal.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were traveling back from Nashville and by the time we reached Hannibal we were hungry tired and looking for something special. Once you walk through the doors of the quaint home you are seated at a table looking at unique furnishings and a lovely ecclectic menu.I had the shrimp and it was cooked to perfection. The fresh flowers on the table,dessert selections and perfect service makes me want to plan another trip there soon!

1  Thank JDB b

JDB,

You really should make another trip to Hannibal. There are a lot of things to do and so many fun festivals we have here (Please visit Visit Hannibal's website for more details).

I'm happy to hear you noticed small touches like our fresh flowers on the tables.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This charming house turned bistro offers interesting foods in a wonderful atmosphere. The service was attentive. I had the Gemini, a stuffed chicken breast with delightful spices. My husband had the salmon and said it was delicious.

We left feeling well fed and well cared for.

1  Thank theguysm0m

theguysmom,

Thanks for taking your time and reviewing our Bistro.

Thanks for the pictures as well!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you like fresh, this is the place to go. Small but cozy and good food to boot. Nice salad selections. Everyone knows about this place and talk is positive.

1  Thank ddramaqueen2

ddramaqueen2

How nice of you to say LaBinnah is the best restaurant in Hannibal, Missouri.

So happy to hear you enjoyed all the fresh items on our menu.

Thanks!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you want one of the greatest experiences that Hannibal has to offer, visit the LaBinnah Bistro for dinner! We were advised by the local trolley driver that their food was beyond compare and he couldn't have been more right! We went there to celebrate my birthday (which was why we went to Hannibal), and I quickly learned that we had come to the RIGHT place! First off, the atmosphere is SUCH fun, with lots of 30's art deco and vintage artwork including many decorative pieces (heavy on the Parisian theme), and some "curiosities" thrown in just for fun! Their selection of background music is SUPERB - better even than than the Olive Garden, if you can believe that! Wonderful old 30's and 40's standards by Edith Piaf, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole and other greats! There was a screen mounted and showing the most marvelous old silent Hitchcock movies in the background - all from the 20 - 30's era and just loaded with exotic mystery from "far away places"! Our server was excellent, a Turkish gentleman named Arit, who really knew the art of serving in a fine dining atmosphere. The wonderful thing about this place is that a full house is only 28 guests and so it's GUARANTEED to be initimate and cozy! It's actually located in a wonderful old historic home that Mark Twain himself was privileged to visit on several occasions.There were about 4 to 6 other guests the night we visited and they were delightful to chat with as well, even singing happy birthday to me! First, we began with two glasses of some really good Mosacato wine and then, we enjoyed some bruschetta appetizers (one served as a topping on a wonderful bread and one with cucumber and tomato slices) which were DELICIOUS! I recommend the later one, but both were great! They actually have another name besides bruschetta on the menu, so read the menu descriptions on this if you go, as I don't remember what the actual names of the items were. When it comes to the main course, NEVER in all my life have I eaten steak that fabulous! We ordered a rib eye steak which so huge that we had to split it! It was their 14 - 16 ounce ribeye and was served with freshly steamed asparagus and some wonderful red potatoes with a special cucumber sauce with was beyond description in its flavor! The steak was SO tender, you didn't even need a knife to cut it! Lastly, we topped off a perfect meal with delicious key lime pie (which my husband avidly consumed) and some fabulous baklava for me, which their kind waiter served me complimentary and complete with a birthday candle! What a festive dining event - one that I will cherish with fond memories. I highly recommend you visit LaBinnah Bistro if you don't do anything else in Hannibal! I'm sure Mark Twain would agree!

2  Thank Patsysinger

Patsy,

It is so nice of you to describe our Bistro the way you did.

"NEVER in all my life have I eaten steak that fabulous!". LOL I either ;))

I am so glad to hear that we were able to make you feel so special on your birthday.

Thanks!