“Good over all but.....”
Review of Motel 6 Hannibal

Motel 6 Hannibal
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice looking on the outside for the most part,comfy beds, quick hot water, clean rooms, indoor pool (not heated)- over all a very basic hotel. Actually, it's the most basic hotel I've ever been in. Granted, it cost me less the fifty dollars a night with my AAA discount but you need to know that there are absolutely NO frills.

No alarm clock, no tissue box (without asking for one), they ran out of towels (really?), although online says fridge and micro they did not have any microwaves. The fridge does not have a freezer section, fyi. I was planning on putting my ice packs in there but couldn't. Vending machines were only part way filled. Was told numerous times that people steal things as an excuse as to why they didn't have something ie; microwave, clock radio, partly empty vending machines. Unprofessional

The front desk gals were nice enough but not very professionally dressed. The check in lady told my room number OUT LOUD three times... Not a very secure thing to do. Unprofessional

Over all the hotel is nice enough but it could be so much better if the company took the time to train their employees properly, have have them dress professionally instead of trashy or like they were heading to work in the yard.

I'm not a hotel snob (or I wouldn't be staying here) but hate to see something with great potential not live up to it. One fairly bad thing was the toilet in the room was about to fall off. It was so wobbly it leaked water and we had to keep a towel on the floor next to it. Basic things that should be fixed would help make a very nice hotel. Inexpensive doesn't have to be in disrepair. I've told the company and hope to see a change when I return this summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for 10 nights. We hadn't pre-booked so were thrilled they had a room available. The staff were very friendly and helpful from start to finish. There was room service each day but, as we are late sleepers, we declined that but we only had to ask for clean towels etc and they were immediately supplied. There was free wi-fi which was a great bonus. In a great location with a lovely family run restaurant ( which also does meals to go) right on the doorstep. I would definitely stay again. I still cannot believe how low the price was.

Room Tip: They have both smoking and non- smoking rooms so make sure you specify.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I travel a lot and depending on prices sometimes use this brand hotel when money is tight. This hotel is in a convenient location off the highway enough not to draw road noise. The desk staff person Eric was very pleasant and helpful in getting the best price, which was so low since I didn't have a reservation and also recommending a good place for dinner. The restaurant down the hill from this hotel has a great home cooking type menu and reasonably priced too. Not your typical Motel 6 and found out later this was another higher priced hotel chain brand before a change in management. Room was comfortable, bath/shower worked well with enough hot water & towels available. No shampoos or other extra amenities like clock or box of tissues - just basic necessities like hair dryer, but that's okay because if you don't have it there is a name brand drug store right down the road plus they offer wake up calls. King bed was so comfy I didn't want to get up in the morning. My biggest criteria in any hotel is being a clean, safe room and this hotel hit the mark with being older but well maintained and clean in the rooms, hallways and lobby. I didn't have a chance to enjoy the indoor pool but a few children & their mom said it was just the right temp; whereas the new hot tub spa was out of order but should it be fixed soon also would be a big plus. Would definitely stay again or recommend it.

Room Tip: I had first floor and didn't see an elevator, although could have overlooked it but if you have...
Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This Motel 6 is across the street from the Super 8. We stayed here when we found the Super 8 parking lot not accessible for our truck & 5th wheel. Fortunately the lot at Motel 6 is more than adequate. Motel is right off Hwy 61. Seems to have good local access to area attractions. Super helpful staff. Room was well cleaned. Fridge & micro looked nearly new. All in good working order.

Room Tip: Logues Restaurant across parking lot. Did not eat here but menu looked adequate. Pets are allowed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recently stayed here on New Years Eve and was very please with this hotel. I normally wouldn't ever look at a Motel 6 but I knew I was going to be in this area and read some of the other reveiws on here and decided to try it out. From when I first walked in the door the staff was very helpful and very friendly. Yes I have been in nicer hotels but not for $52. The room was very clean and I would stay here again for sure the next time I am back thru.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have had some pretty bad experiences with Motel 6 but it was getting late and I couldn't find a motel that took pets. What a surprise this Motel 6 was! They even have an indoor pool. They allow pets (no fee), the employees were really nice and so were the rooms. Best of all, it was really reasonably priced. Even the designated pet room I stayed in was clean and well maintained. It was also very quiet as it is back off the road and a few miles out from the congested downtown area. I missed having an in room coffee maker but they made me fresh coffee in the lobby and there is a microwave there for guest use also. I will stay here again the next time I pass through.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We were on the first leg of our trip and decided to stop there for the night... Rooms were clean, and reasonably priced. The good thing was that there was a family restaurant that was across the parking lot so finding a cheap breakfast wasn't hard. This motel was also not too far from the historical downtown! Definitely recommend it for the overnight traveler!

• Stayed: September 2012