“Awful Terrible Gross”
Review of Motel 6 Hannibal

Motel 6 Hannibal
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

It's pretty bad. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else in the area. Carpet was wet in the corner. Mold. Bed Bugs. Shady people hanging around outside. No parking. Stayed 3 hours and got so sick from the smell we had to leave. Found the bugs as we were leaving. Had to call corporate office for refund. Seriously bad.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Hannibal

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had reservations for 5 days at this Motel 6 in Hannibal, Mo. We did stay 2 nights @ the agreed rate. The manager made the decision to NOT honor the reservation rate for days 3 & 4, so we did check out early. Also had requested a Non Smoking Room. If this is their "Non Smoking" room, I can not imagine how bad a smoking room smells ! The "Non Smoking" room had cig burns in the blankets, lamp shades and shower curtain. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gellen46
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We needed a place to stay in the Hannibal area while passing through town, and originally were going to try the Best Western Teal Lake Inn...but we didn't trust their policies, as they told me they needed my credit card number when I reserved. I clarified that the number would be used just to hold the room and I was told, no...it depended how busy they were and they may or may not take the money from my card without notification. Didn't like that plan...so we tried the Motel 6 and we liked it.
It was a nice clean room for cheap!! There is an indoor pool at this location, but it closes early. It closed at like 8:30, so we didn't get a chance to use it by the time we checked in, got settled in, and had dinner. The room was clean, little fridge and microwave was handy. There was no clock in the room, so I had to use my cell phone to keep track of the time, not a major problem, just a little inconvience. I wish they would've had an elevator...my mom doesn't do well on stairs and we were on second floor and it's easier for loading and unloading luggage...but the stairs weren't too bad and our room was right off the stairs which was nice. I had to go to the lobby to get kleenexes, as there were none in the room. The Internet was my biggest problem. It didn't work hardly at all. At first it did but then it cut in and out and then just stopped working...but yet my dad could get it on his computer (most of the time) so Idon't quite get what happened there. But it wasn't that big of deal not having Internet for one night. Kind of nice actually :)
So really...the problems we had were so minor it didn't hurt anything. The important things were there...clean and comfy, for a one night stay. There is no breakfast here...but there is a nice little restaurant across the parking lot that has good breakfast specials!
We wouldn't want to stay here for a long period of time, but when passing through town for the night we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Singingstar22
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had read the reviews before booking this hotel and we were truly hoping that this would be a decent hotel. Well we got into our rooms the first thing we noticed was BOTH bed were riddled in ciggerette burns. With light gold bread spreads they were very visible. I was told "Well it is a smoking room" So then in the middle of both of the bed spreads there was awful liquid stain, and not little ones big large ones. On top of this neither of our beds had pillow cases. So I told the lady at the front desk we were going out when we got back we wanted all new clean bedding or we go somewhere else. When we newer comforters still had ciggerette burns on them but no stains. The curtain in our room was barely hanging onto to the curtain rod, the exhaust fan in the bathroom had large strings of dust coming out it. The bath tub was filthy. I could go on and on! Please I money is tight but do not waste your money staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The manger that checked us in was wonderful nice and friendly had a great stay rooms were good hotel was nice and quiet great little place to eat sharing the parking lot staff was very helpful as far as helping us find things to do for I trip very enjoyable experience clean quiet well priced will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is the 2nd time that I have stayed at this hotel, I have family in the area. I actually chose to stay a second time because of the positive experience that I had there on previous occasion. The staff is pleasant. The rooms are modern enough, and very clean (I am VERY picky), and in good shape. There's an indoor pool & hot tub which I used the 1st visit, it is in good shape and clean. It was nice on a cool evening. The 2nd visit was more rushed, and we didn't use the facilities as much. There is no breakfast, but that is not a concern to me at all since I am not a fan of your standard continental hotel breakfast anyway and would rather grab a bite at a restaurant (there are a lot of good inexpensive restaurants in Hannibal). There is a restaurant within walking distance which I have not tried, but would be convenient. The Super 8 is next door, and was $30 more a night on the date we stayed. To be honest, they looked in exactly the same shape, so why not save your money? It's not worth it if all the difference is some bagels and pastries. We like this hotel, and will not hesitate to book again when we come in town again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Quality was typical of rooms in the under-$50 price point. It is however one of the few pet friendly hotels in Hannibal and it does not have a surcharge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family