“Nice clean hotel.”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Illinois
“Nice clean hotel.”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The hotel is an old Holiday Holidome, so a very big pool and nice hot tub. The staff was very friendly and everything was clean. There were very few people there, so pretty much had the run of the place.

One reason we chose this hotel over the other like priced hotels there was their claim of a free hot breakfast. They were streching this quite abit. They had scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits. When we were there they brought out more gravy and eggs. The gravy came out of a gallon jar of generic gravy, the biscuits were small biscuits from the day old bread store and the scrambled eggs were cold in the middle, when i mentioned this to the lady she said, "Oh, Sorry, we buy them already scrambled and microvave them as we need them, i will throw them in the microwave for you. They had some stale cereal, warm milk and hard bagels.

Next time we will just go to the larger chain hotels next door with the continental breakfast and newer facilities. They were only $5 higher for the night.

They also stated they had an exercise room, but this consisted of a low cost treadmill that did not look like it would stand up to a fat boy like me, and a few other home quality machines. If you are looking for a serious workout this is not the place for you.

As I said there were very few people there, so we did sit and talk with some of the people that worked there and they were all very friendly. If the other hotels were sold out or more expensive I would stay there again without any worries.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We have been going to Hannibal Inn for 16 years and it has been our favorite ever since. The Hannibal Inn was pretty rundown but since they remodeled it is better than it has ever been! The staff is very nice and love to talk to you. The rooms are great also, poolside rooms have a refrigerator and a microwave. The pool is very warm. Reasonable rates. We love the holidome, it has the huge pool, a nice sized arcade room, pool tables, foosball, free breakfast, and a exercise room. This is and always will be our favorite hotel! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank YogiBeariseverywhere
Midwest
Reviewed June 24, 2009

we were extremely unhappy with everything at the Hannibal Inn, except the kids enjoyed the pool. The pool did appear to be fairly clean and it was nice and big. However, the rest of the hotel was a nightmare!!! No one spoke very good English, they lost our reservation, the rooms were filthy,and our room was located through a fire barrier door, and it took us forever to locate our room, and no one spoke good enough English to help us. The free breakfast, was awful, it was served in a dirty old conference room, and they didn't use any type of utensil or gloves to put the food out. the whole place was run down, it smelled and was downright scary!!! There was strange black moldy things in the bathtub, and the whole place was disgusting. The people working there had no name tags or hotel branded shirts, we never saw a maid's cart, it made us wonder who was even running the place. I can't believe they haven't been shut down by Health and Human Services. We have never been so glad to get out of a hotel in our lives, it was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Please don't go there! Stay away!!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Midwest123travel

Travelers are raving about these Hannibal hotels

Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2009

found this while web-surfing to find things to do in Hannibal. We thought we would save money this year by vacationing somewhere in-state. The web-site for Hannibal Inn looked wonderful and I was very impressed with the price. I read reviews online and it had alot of bad reviews but better ones after the remodel so we decieded to give it a chance. We booked a King Suite for our family of 5. I showed the kids the website, the draw for them was the pool, for me the hot tub. We showed up, it didnt look too bad, the lobby was nice. We checked in and went to our suite. First of all, half of the lights were out going down the hallway, giving us a creepy feeling, as you went down the hall and got to our room the rest of the hallway lights were completely out. We went into the room and I laughed. In comparison to the online description I thought we were in the wrong place. The seperate king-size room was only seperated from the pullout couches by a wall the size of the tv. The couches that pull out were disgusting, old, and very well used with stains and body imprints. The refrigerator had the microwave on top of it and it was lop-sided and had stuff in it from previous occupants I guess. One of my daughters and I got in our swimsuit and headed to the pool because she is 11 and was super excited. On our way out of the room I see there was used towels in a heap on the floor under a table by the door (there were 2 entrances into this room and I didnt see this because we had used the other door). I went to complain to the front desk and asked for our room to be cleaned and was told when someone else came to the front she would go remove the used towels and for us just to lay a clean towel over it so we would have to see it. My daughter and I went to the pool. She got into the pool as I walked over to get in the hot tub. The hot tub looked like pea soup, it was so green you couldnt see through the water at all. I quickly went to my daughter and she gets out and says there were bugs, rocks, and some stick in the pool (this is an INDOOR pool). The dirt on the bottom of the pool followed you as you walked until it settled again. I was grossed out and got dressed and demanded my money back. The website is very misleading!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
tn
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I read the reviews of this hotel and saw that the current ones were good, so i booked there for my stay and my experience was vastly different. Perhaps the interior rooms have been redone, but the rooms that have exterior doors(opening to parking lot) were not very nice. We couldn't connect to the internet and the front desk basically shrugged it off. Then the a/c kept tripping the breaker and the front desk finally had to bring us a fan. There was some questionable activity in the parking lot late that night as well. The next morning I spoke with a manager and his attitude was very indifferent, so I went ahead and checked out and went to a different hotel. As I said early, the interior rooms may be fine, but this hotel still has work to do on both rooms and attitude!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We were driving through and really needed to stop and get some rest. We tried other hotels and they were all booked up. We came to the Hannibal Inn. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN will I stay there. Not only that but it has kind of turned me off the whole town entirely since the local authorities even let the place run as an established business.

First there is zero security. I walk amongst the filthiest hallways I have ever seen in my life! Oh and the smell!!!! So we are walking to our room. Half the rooms on our floor had open doors and were empty. Making me think that this may not be a safe place to stay because there is no security to get into the building!

The number to our room was a xeroxed piece of paper that was taped to our door.

I honestly think our room was flooded underwater at some point. The curtain didn't fit the window. I moved the curtain with my hand and it stuck in place from being so old and dirty!

The toilet didn't flush unless you turned the water on and off from the main line. The walls were warped throughout the room from floor to ceiling. We turned on the heater and thought it was going to catch fire so we immediately turned it off.

The mattresses were VERY VERY OLD. I am estimating at least 30 years old. I was thinking it is obvious this place has had water damage and wondered how much river water and mold was in the mattresses.

We didn't take our shoes off because of the gross carpet and we didn't sleep under the covers either. I have never had such a bad case of the creepy crawlies in my life!

Also.... something to think about. When we were leaving it was obvious that there was another wing to the hotel that was not even being used! It was clear that it was abandoned property.

If you have to stop in Hannibal, MO and there are NO OTHER OPTIONS WHAT SO EVER STILL DON'T STAY HERE!!! DON'T DO IT! TOTALLY SCARY PLACE!

Sleep in your car in front of a rest stop it's safer and cleaner. I didn't take a shower didn't brush my teeth nothing! It was just too gross there. I stuck it out until I got to Nashville, TN.

I get the chills just thinking about that place. NEVER AGAIN!

They really should be ashamed that they run such a business.

I really REALLY wish I could say I was exaggerating I don't want to wish any harm to a business or the people that are employed by them but I have to say out of the 15,000 miles I have road tripped this year and allllll the hotels that came with it and all the hotels I have stayed at throughout my life this was BY FAR the WORST experiences I have ever had!

IF YOU STAY THERE DON'T SAY NO ONE WARNED YOU! LOL

SORRY HANNIBAL INN THE TRUTH HURTS! CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!

• Liked — Nothing at all!
  • Disliked — Everything seriously!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank graciebarbosa
Boulder, CO
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We booked these rooms along with other people who were in town for an event. Everything started out ok until in the morning when my husband saw little worms that looked like maggots crawling on the carpet. The night manager came and took a look at them and offered us another room. Being cramped for time we accepted. The night manager told us the owner would get in touch.

That evening I spoke with the manager and to make a long story short he told me I was a liar about the worms, that his wife had personally cleaned the room and saw nothing. He said there were no smells, no dead bodies or rotting material. I told him that I was only complaining about the worms and he seemed very upset that I was upset about something so little as maggot types worms on the floor. I asked for better customer service than being told I was a liar and he held his hand up to my face and told the desk clerk to comp our night as he walked away in disgust. As if I had the nerve to ask to be compensated for worms in my room!

The next day we came back from being out in the sweltering heat and humidity looking forward to a nice hot shower, but there was no hot water. NONE. We were told the heater was broken and there was nothing that could be done. Once again when I talked to the owner about some kind of customer service I was told that I complain too much and that I lied about the worms, again. When I told them the night manager saw the worms, they stopped talking to me and comped my night.

I paid cash, but just found out that they still charged my card. This place has terrible customer service! The carpets are stained with spiders in every corner, the pool has a film and the hot tub, though empty is covered in a black scum. The rooms are musty, the showers have rings around the rims and there was still trash in our can when we changed rooms. If you like being called a liar when you are looking for cleanliness, this is your place (please add a lot of sarcasm to that comment)! The breakfast was cereal, toast and waffles.

There is cream cheese but no bagels. There was butter for the waffles but no syrup. Stay far, far away from this place. Holiday Inn charges the same rates, and if there is a problem, you know that you wont be called a liar!

• Liked — That I never have to come back.
  • Disliked — Everything. No elevator, no cleaning crew, no customer service, being called a liar.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank KDUBC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
Days Inn - Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
#6 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to The Hannibal Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!