“Lake front establishment”

Dining options: Late Night
Wentzville, Missouri
“Lake front establishment”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Well I see the reviews have not improved since I wrote my last review. I am a condo owner on the lake and we went to Coconuts twice this past summer. Even though it is not really a good bargain, by any means, it is still a rather Caribbean type lake restaurant that entertains guests we have visit us at the lake. I would say if you are bringing children you need to definitely go during the daytime hours. At nights I would think it becomes an adult type place. They do have a play area for children and and an area out in the lake for play as well. There is a swim up bar for adults only. The place is accessible by boat or car and the docks are adequate with dock staff to help you tie up. Actually the sandwiches are very good even though a little overpriced as are all restaurants on lakefront. You must be careful not to order water or you will find that you have ordered a rather pricey bottle of water. The restaurant does NOT provide drinking water which is not such a good idea when you come in off the lake and you are very hot and dry. Oh well. They say they donate money from the sale of the water to charity. I hope they do but still think they should provide a simple glass of ice water and I will donate to my own charity. I guess my final words are these. I think the food is actually good. The atmosphere is good. The prices a little high as expected on the lake. I would and will go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JandM44

“You still didn't answer the question..”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Thanks for the condescending response to my query about why Coconuts refuses to serve complimentary tap water. I support our military and animal shelters, contrary to the "Management" insinuation to the contrary. And donating proceeds (all?) to those causes is commendable. But I've traveled the world and NEVER have encountered a bar/restaurant that would not serve water. I have a better idea for Coconuts. Why not donate a % of the proceeds from your beer and overpriced food sales to these worthy causes? And start to serve ice water to your customers. Which will never include me.

5 Thank Michael B
Columbia, Missouri
“You don't go here for the food, but the party atmosphere is great!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went here with 7 girls for a bachelorette party. This was by far the highlight of our entire weekend! The DJs were awesome, the music was loud, and they had various contests throughout the day to keep everyone amped up! If you're looking for a fun day at the lake, this is the place! We will definitely be back again and again.

• Visited August 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“Not a kid friendly environment!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We took an 8,10,& 11 year old to eat there thinking that we would partake in the water trampoline,arcade,ice cream and sand volleyball court. Low and behold, and I mean low, in order to get to these amenities we parked our boat in the slip and had to walk these kids by very drunk individuals! Girls bumping and grinding on each other, men and women doing the same. We walked to to top patio and I had to have the kids face the other direction for fear they would see something even more inappropriate than before. I took my daughter to the rest room and a drunk girl was throwing up all over the floor! Thirty minutes later no one had cleaned it up. This was at 5:00 on a Saturday afternoon! We ate and left. We will not be back. I understand. I was twenty something once but what I saw there was despicable. You'd think these people would have more respect for others and themselves. Basically they need to get some class. If coconuts want to cater to low class drunks so be it. But don't pretend it's a family environment when it's not. If the owner had a 10 year old daughter would he be okay with her being exposed to this? I would hope not! If you have kids do NOT go to Coconuts unless you want to have a Very premature conversation on the way home!

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Heather J
Mahomet, Illinois
“Fun, lakefront restaurant!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited Coconuts on our family vacation this year; ages varied from baby to 80. We went for an early dinner around 5:30 pm on a Saturday. The place was definitely alive!! I think it would have been better for our group to go during the day as the pool was full of sloppy drunk dirty dancers (which, is ammmazing for people watching)... but not sure the older ones of our group enjoyed seeing this!

The food was very good and came out quickly. There was a ton to do too- beach, water trampoline, playground, swim up pool, arcade with ice cream.

Watch your GPS route though... the first route took us down gravel roads. We took a different route on the way home which was much smoother.

I would definitely visit again!!

• Visited July 2014