Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grandview
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Check in was easy. The room was clean and appealing. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Hot water was great! It was hot right away and hot enough to be called hot (I have been in places where it took forever to get hot water and then it was only lukewarm). Good TV lineup with HBO. Internet was free. Pool was a bit small but nice and the pool area was clean. Breakfast was good with hot and cold food. There were a number of eating places nearby. Staff was pleasant. I stayed there for six nights and had no problems. Check out was quick. The only downside I see to this place is it can be a bit tricky to get to since it is on a one-way access feeder from the freeway. You have to go down the road a bit and get to the other side to go the other way. Once I got that, I had no problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Moi S
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Moi S,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights.
The breakfast options were what we have come to expect at HI Express and I mean that in a positive way.
Hot water was immediate from the sink and shower.
Cleaning staff were quick to trade us clean towels, etc. for used ones even though we were staying more than one night.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor. Did have an issue with noise, etc. but we cannot say whether that is becau...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank motherheavy
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear motherheavy,

Thank you for telling us about your 4 night stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. Thank you for your comment about the housekeeping staff. We will pass that on to them. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City -Grandview
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Firdt of all I have a problem with you chaging my card for the entire stay even before I check in. I checked in at 4 pm and they tried to charge my card at 2 pm. The clerk was rude and unhelpful. I came back later that night wanting o speak to the manager and the same rude clerk said that he was not sure when the manager would be there. I went out and came back there was a different clerk their who said he was the night manager andI though he took care of my problem. I left the next day and my brother called and told me that there was a prblem and to call the hotel. The very rude assistant manager and she said that there was a form that had tobe filled out I explained that I was with my family getting ready for a wedding rehearsal and that I would be back by 4 to fill out the form. She said that I had to return immediately and fill out the form or she was calling the cops and throw my stuff out onto the street eventhough they had their money already for the rooms. we had to leave my brother's wedding reheasal preparations and we just ended up leaving. We asked for a refund because of the rude service but they would not give one. DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Beth P,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are glad our manager, as well as our Guest Relations, were able to provide details regarding our payment policies. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here one night and booked last minute. Front desk check in was fabulous and the hotel was spotless. The room was large, beds very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast in the morning was good and filling. Very curteous staff. I'll stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank morgan88
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Morgan88,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that in the future you will stay with us again.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Grandview
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pros: great location to visit International House of Prayer but I suggest you still need a car. There are some restaurants and take away food around but I've been told its not a particularly safe area so it's best to have your own transport. Hotel is clean, staff are very friendly and incredibly helpful, rooms are pleasant and tidy, free wifi in your room, use of computers and printer is complimentary. The buffet breakfast included doesn't have a large variety but it's ok. I originally checked in to another hotel down the road on the fist night of my stay in Kansas and it was awful so I came here and it was such a relief.

Cons: no safe in the room, no luggage porter service (though that doesn't worry me), no restaurant at the hotel (except for breakfast), no room service, aircon in the room is loud. If you want to be close to the city, don't stay here.

Overall: highly recommended

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank casham27
Dear casham27,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. Thank you for mentioning your concerns about the lack of a safe in your room. We have passed this on to our management staff. We are always looking for better ways to improve our service. Also we have passed your concerns on about the air in your room. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Grandview
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The hotel is a bit tricky to locate (especially when your GPS dies!) but other than that our stay was just fine. Room was clean and hotel was quiet. Breakfast was just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Holly5_12,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that if you are in the area again that you will stay with us.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites KC Grandview
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here 3 night visiting family in area. This is an express holiday inn so no restaurant but there are many excellent choices in the area. Breakfast was one of the better ones of holiday expresses I've stayed at. Each morning there was a different hot main meal which I did not eat but my husband did, there are pancakes, yogurt, muffins, cereal etc. The staff constantly made sure the tables were clean and the coffee was full. They did close the doors promptly at the stated end time so be sure you get there before it ending time. The lobby is warm and welcoming the front desk staff was very friendly to us. Our room was a queen suite was extremely large with two queen beds, sofa and chair and coffee table as well as two chairs and a small dining table. There was a small fridge, microwave and sink, the cabinet was stocked with paper plates and cups. The bathroom was large, new and clean. It would be perfect for a family of four. If you are in the area I totally recommend staying at this hotel. Our room faced the highway and we did not once hear the road.

Room Tip: if you need a large room ask for a suite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear 4vrongo,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that we could accommodate you and your family during your stay in the area. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast service. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your suite. Thank you for telling us about that.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites KC Grandview
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandview
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Belton
Hampton Inn Kansas City Lee's Summit
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview? Share your experiences!