“Rude Staff and Management!!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grandview
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Firdt of all I have a problem with you chaging my card for the entire stay even before I check in. I checked in at 4 pm and they tried to charge my card at 2 pm. The clerk was rude and unhelpful. I came back later that night wanting o speak to the manager and the same rude clerk said that he was not sure when the manager would be there. I went out and came back there was a different clerk their who said he was the night manager andI though he took care of my problem. I left the next day and my brother called and told me that there was a prblem and to call the hotel. The very rude assistant manager and she said that there was a form that had tobe filled out I explained that I was with my family getting ready for a wedding rehearsal and that I would be back by 4 to fill out the form. She said that I had to return immediately and fill out the form or she was calling the cops and throw my stuff out onto the street eventhough they had their money already for the rooms. we had to leave my brother's wedding reheasal preparations and we just ended up leaving. We asked for a refund because of the rude service but they would not give one. DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Beth P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Beth P,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are glad our manager, as well as our Guest Relations, were able to provide details regarding our payment policies. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here one night and booked last minute. Front desk check in was fabulous and the hotel was spotless. The room was large, beds very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast in the morning was good and filling. Very curteous staff. I'll stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Morgan88
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Morgan88,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that in the future you will stay with us again.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Grandview

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pros: great location to visit International House of Prayer but I suggest you still need a car. There are some restaurants and take away food around but I've been told its not a particularly safe area so it's best to have your own transport. Hotel is clean, staff are very friendly and incredibly helpful, rooms are pleasant and tidy, free wifi in your room, use of computers and printer is complimentary. The buffet breakfast included doesn't have a large variety but it's ok. I originally checked in to another hotel down the road on the fist night of my stay in Kansas and it was awful so I came here and it was such a relief.

Cons: no safe in the room, no luggage porter service (though that doesn't worry me), no restaurant at the hotel (except for breakfast), no room service, aircon in the room is loud. If you want to be close to the city, don't stay here.

Overall: highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank casham27

Dear casham27,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. Thank you for mentioning your concerns about the lack of a safe in your room. We have passed this on to our management staff. We are always looking for better ways to improve our service. Also we have passed your concerns on about the air in your room. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Grandview

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The hotel is a bit tricky to locate (especially when your GPS dies!) but other than that our stay was just fine. Room was clean and hotel was quiet. Breakfast was just fine.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Holly5_12,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that if you are in the area again that you will stay with us.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here 3 night visiting family in area. This is an express holiday inn so no restaurant but there are many excellent choices in the area. Breakfast was one of the better ones of holiday expresses I've stayed at. Each morning there was a different hot main meal which I did not eat but my husband did, there are pancakes, yogurt, muffins, cereal etc. The staff constantly made sure the tables were clean and the coffee was full. They did close the doors promptly at the stated end time so be sure you get there before it ending time. The lobby is warm and welcoming the front desk staff was very friendly to us. Our room was a queen suite was extremely large with two queen beds, sofa and chair and coffee table as well as two chairs and a small dining table. There was a small fridge, microwave and sink, the cabinet was stocked with paper plates and cups. The bathroom was large, new and clean. It would be perfect for a family of four. If you are in the area I totally recommend staying at this hotel. Our room faced the highway and we did not once hear the road.

Room Tip: if you need a large room ask for a suite
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear 4vrongo,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that we could accommodate you and your family during your stay in the area. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast service. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your suite. Thank you for telling us about that.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Room was nice, flat screens, fridge microwave, good size room. Checkout was a bit slow. The address for this place does not work with gps, someone should figure this out. Breakfast was soso, there was no oatmeal or granola, which seems like norm for most hotels now and I talk to a lot of travelers who say eating healthy is becoming more important. The biscuit and gravy was a nice non healthy alternative, except the 2nd day there was no gravy. Better fruit would be nice too. Internet was fast and free.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear roadlesstraveledNj,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. Thank you for your thoughts and concerns. We are sorry that you were not happy with your breakfast. We are always looking for better was to improve the breakfast at our hotel. This is where the guest feedback helps us. Thank you again for mentioning that . We are currently looking into the issues with the address and the gps. We have passed this on to our management. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Front desk not very socialable... Hard bed gave me back pain.. Jacuzzi was luke warm and jets dont even come out the sides to hit ur back!! .. No resturant and only few fast foods around.
Not worth the price

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear AskAZtruckinchic,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are currently looking into your concerns about the hotel staff not being sociable. This is unacceptable. We are also sorry about your concerns about the bed and the jacuzzi we are currently addressing those issues.

Thank you again for your time. We are sorry about your visit to our hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Suites Kansas City Grandview

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandview
Hampton Inn Belton / Kansas City area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Belton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview? Share your experiences!